TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Other 05 Tacomas Out There With A Rear End Banging Or Tapping Sound @low Speeds Over Bumps? Dealer Replaced Two Rear Blown Shocks To No Avail And They Are Still Stumped. I Read Another Members Post About Possible Cab Mount Bolts, Any Other Ideas It's Driving Me Crazy.....dealer Has Had My Truck For About A Week........

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is a far shot but could the banging sounds be your adjustable cleats, banging around in one of your storage compartments- assuming that they are not attached to your rails. I know I can hear mine banging around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate The Thought But I Have Those Tucked Away At Home...this Is A Totaly Different Sound. Another Member Described It As A Ping Pong Ball...i Would Describe It As A Metal Ping Pong Ball The Dealer Cant Locate It And Neither Can I

·
Registered
185 Posts
I looked for it too, mine only seems to do it when it's real cold. Cab mounts seem to be the most likely culprit in my case.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same problem too. I brought it to the dealership and they said it was something to do with the overload springs and that it was normal. I will be seeing the service manager sometime this week to have him go over a speed bump with my truck.

2005 Taco 6spd 4X4 Offroad

·
Registered
60 Posts
yeah its probably the body mounts for the bed. i think not the cab because they have a bushing between fram and body to dampen vibrations. bed mounts are steel on steel. they are easy to check too. reg 6' box has 6 mounts dunno avbout d-cab if thats what you have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts