TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Check Engine light on so I went to Autozone and they check the code. Came up with Bank 1 Lean. The guy said it would be a dirty injector. So I tried the SeaFoam. After running one tank full of gas I pulled the EFI fuse to reset the light. Now my truck will barly get out of it's own way. Low RPM are really bad. Seems light it's not firing on all 6 cylinders. What could it be? I changed the plugs about 3 months ago. And also did a new cat-back. Before pulling the EFI fuse I only see a idle problem when it was cold.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Should I have vacuum?

VF'N8 said:
check for vaccum leaks
I was looking under the hood today and I removed the hose going into the intake tube. It's the one just before the TB. It runs behind the engine and down. I couldn't see where it went. Anyway! I though I remember there being a vacuun coming from that before. When ever I removed it in the past there was a vacuum and without that in the intake tube the engine wanted to stall. Why would I lose vacuum on that?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Running better!

I cleaned the MAF, change the PVC plug, and pulled the EFI fuse. Ran rought going up the road last night, but this morning everything was good. Went 40 miles to and from work. I hope the CEL is gone for awhile.

·
Registered
47 Posts
hey I have the same thing going on. My idle is fine. Auto Zone told me to spray starter fluid around the intake manifold gasket, vac hoses and pcv valve hoses to see if it would cause the idle to stutter but im not sure where all those things are. Anyone got a pic of the 3.4 engine with thos4e items labled?
Thanx

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
514 Posts
ShawnTRD said:
I was looking under the hood today and I removed the hose going into the intake tube. It's the one just before the TB. It runs behind the engine and down. I couldn't see where it went. Anyway! I though I remember there being a vacuun coming from that before. When ever I removed it in the past there was a vacuum and without that in the intake tube the engine wanted to stall. Why would I lose vacuum on that?

If you mean the large tube which goes towards the cab initialy then that like anything pluged into the intake tube when leaking or removed will let air in after your MAF takes its reading and will foul up your engines performance because the MAF is mainly responsible for the amount of gas the fuel injectors spray. Since youd get a false airflow reading, youll run like shiznit.
Other than that Im not totally clear on your question?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
VF'N8 said:
If you mean the large tube which goes towards the cab initialy then that like anything pluged into the intake tube when leaking or removed will let air in after your MAF takes its reading and will foul up your engines performance because the MAF is mainly responsible for the amount of gas the fuel injectors spray. Since youd get a false airflow reading, youll run like shiznit.
Other than that Im not totally clear on your question?
I think I've gotting all that takin care of. My PVC was plugs, and I also cleaned the MAF sensor and TB. The CEL hasn't return yet (200+ miles), and my MPG looks to be better 250 mile so far with a qaurter tank left.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ok so i checked my MAF and it is spotless. Pulled the pcv valve and it was a bit dirty but had plenty of vacuum. The hose was starting to crack a bit at the ends so i decided to replace the hose. On the drive to autozone it felt like I had regained the throttle response that I was missing in the lower rpm's so i bought and replaced the hose and pulled the efi. No more check engine light after a few drives.

Now the problem I am noticing is that when i push the gas from a dead idle it feels like it wants to stall before it starts to accelerate. Could this be from a different type of hose? At autozone they gave me "Goodyear 50psi fuel/emmission sae 30r7"

Any ideas anyone :confused:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
topofdawurld said:
Now the problem I am noticing is that when i push the gas from a dead idle it feels like it wants to stall before it starts to accelerate. Could this be from a different type of hose? At autozone they gave me "Goodyear 50psi fuel/emmission sae 30r7"

Any ideas anyone :confused:
That just sounds like the computer need to reprogam it's self. Take alittle driving.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yep that was the case but after the 5th or 6th drive the CEL came back on. Getting frustrated.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Yeah have you checked the O2 sensor output voltage to make sure that it is working as it should?

You are going to be a lot more frustrated working on your truck without the tools and info. For starters get the FSM and your own scan tool. Yeah it costs money but you're pretty much dead without it and apt to do more damage than good flailing around blindly in there. Before it's over you'll have saved the money in changing out perfectly good parts trying to shot gun problems.

Also get yourself a good book on EFI and how it works and read it. Then read it again.
I recommend How to Tune and Modify Engine Management Systems by Jeff Hartman for starters. It runs about $20 and is one of the best investments you'll ever make. When you're done with it you'll probably know more about EFI than most dealership techs and certainly more than most of the knuckle heads you're gonna find here. I tried this one time and it worked or I tried that once and it worked. By the time you're done with that shit you've spent money and/or time and still won't have a clue as to whether or not you actually fixed the problem or just a symptom.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts