TTORA Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I was hoping it would magically reappear... I checked mine and a few other user names, and there's no history of posting on that thread.. deleted?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
The thread was deleted by the Original poster.

I can bring it back though.

Maybe I should create a new poll and let the masses decide.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
somebody with a sore vagina maybe :confused: :)
The thread was deleted by the Original poster.

I can bring it back though.

Maybe I should create a new poll and let the masses decide.
did the thread starter even go?i was having a good time and do not rember everyones names.bring it back for the people who did go up in the snow.please

·
Registered
195 Posts
What the hell is goin' on here???

Rob, why did you delete the BR thread? We just got back from there. Did ya'll end up going to Salt Springs?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just want to say I had a blast though I didn't make it up to BR. I think staying up too late on Thursday and getting up early on Friday and then partying into the wee hours kicked my ass.

Someone left a little kitchen tote and a green chair with one of those roof things. If you want this stuff back let me know and I will try to find some way to get it to you.

The bottom gate was opened at Ellis Road this morning and I went up that way only to find the top gate locked. I could have swore that I saw Mr. Smith drive by along with some other Toyotas. I was the tall guy in shorts walking along the side of 88 at the top of the hill.

Again thanks for letting a BUB (Big Ugly Burb) tag along. I haven't patented using an air pump for stoking the fire so feel free to copy it.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
sorry about that....next time you have to throw somethin at us.....yes we heard about the gate still locked....for some damn reason a whole lot of F-N gates had been locked....sorry that we didnt make it to BR....can't wait for the pics... I'll get ours up tomarrow....of the little adventure that we had been on.....chris

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
did the thread starter even go?i was having a good time and do not rember everyones names.bring it back for the people who did go up in the snow.please
I dont know who deleted the thread or why :confused:

It seems not many want to discuss this weekend, and I definetely understand why. I still had fun camping and hanging out in the Sierras. You cant control weather and road closures, and I am absolutely shocked that 89 would be open Friday night, then closed on Saturday when it was proibably 50-60 degrees in Markleeville Saturday afternoon :confused:

The story goes the 2:00 Friday convoy hit the road still under the impression 89 was closed.....as we headed up 88 it was snowing which led us to believe that they definetely arent opening 89 anytime Friday night......well apparently around 12:00 they opened 89 for about 10 hours which we had no idea about until the Sac crew rolled in around 10:00 or so, then it was confirmed it was open.

So we all decided to hit up BR first thing Saturday morning.......well when we get there the damn gates are shut and Rob speaks to a CHP officer or Sherriff I forget, anywways he tries to talk the cop into letting us on to 89 with no luck. We are all pretty mad at this point but still trying to remain positive....I know Rob is bummed, he was really looking forward to chilling at the hot tubs andf hanging out with everyone, hell and the same for all of us.

So we hit up a few other local trails with no luck....thats when a few of us decided to just call it a weekend and head home.

For me, I am not that mad about this weekend I try to see the positive in everything,though I am bummed about not being on the tubs life goes on...all the driving we did gave me a chance to think about my company and brainstorm on ideas and renew my spirits.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Barney Riley

Yes 89 was closed for no good reason.
Lots of fucking gates were closed for no good reason.
It's all because of the incident up at Trinty Alps I believe.
Its not fucking Disneyland people but the powers to be have to protect the morons that come to the mountains from themselves
You can always get to Barney Riley thru the Leviathan Mine road from 395 and get out even if the gates are locked.
I have talked to several locals and have talked to a guy on Monitor pass last time I was up there 3 weeks ago who just came up that way..
Its always open.
We would have come up to save Mike and Nicole and others but we made the decision to go to Salt Creek resuvoir and camp on the Mokolume river where we were told was the alternate site. Oh well for following directions.
We had a great time. I will stop by Mikes tomorrow and get the pics of NOTBR posted.

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
We should replan the trip for those that couldnt go!

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
We should replan the trip for those that couldnt go!

I would go again....I would even do what I did this weekend over again, next weekend except I wouldnt eat the atomic zuchini from a certain chevy suburban driver who I wont name :D

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
I just want to say I had a blast though I didn't make it up to BR. I think staying up too late on Thursday and getting up early on Friday and then partying into the wee hours kicked my ass.

Someone left a little kitchen tote and a green chair with one of those roof things. If you want this stuff back let me know and I will try to find some way to get it to you.

That was my box I accidently left behind, dont touch the Tapatia in there....it wouldnt be hot enough for you anyways haaha :lmao:

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
I would go again....I would even do what I did this weekend over again, next weekend except I wouldnt eat the atomic zuchini from a certain chevy suburban driver who I wont name :D
Next weekend I'd get a foot up my ass if I didn't go with my girlfriend to her grandparents house to have mothers day lunch...

And a foot up my ass from my own mom if I didn't go to dinner...

Maybe sometime next month?

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Yes 89 was closed for no good reason.
Lots of fucking gates were closed for no good reason.
Holy crap Tim, you sound mad! :eek:

We showed up to the trailhead really late Friday night and saw no locked gates. We thought it was really weird that nobody showed up all day on Saturday! Anyway, those fuckers locked us in! We flagged down a few people on 89 and asked them to tell the popo to come get us out of jail. :D

From now on I am keeping my locksmithing tools with me at all times. Woulda saved us an hour fawking around in the middle of the highway.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That is just way too FUNNY there....we saw that pic and OMG started to hella laugh.....but to those who had been stuck behind the GATE....sorry,......:saw: :welder: these are always helpful.......

WE need to do this trail soon......my group wanted to do the BR so bad I think that we daydreaming :D of drinking beer in a hot spring....not turning or back to 40-50 mhp winds that carried snow......bbbbrrrrrrrrrr........but did get good pics...........so lets plan..........now...........mike is there an open weekend on the calender...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.