In, but id be leaving vv by about 1 on Friday

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Wait, just realized thats our one year of being married. Def out for that weekend

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
trail was awesome. actually harder in spots than most of Rubicon now. Several different lines to try and a few "bypasses" for some obstacles. about 5miles...took me 3hrs each way. There were 6 people there Sat/Sun and 5 rigs...all Yotas, including me...only 2 of us on 35s, others on 37s. Trail is actually narrower than Dusy is now...mirrors self-clearanced several times between trees :p Some very tight multi-point turns to play with. Lots of diff grabbers right in the middle of the trail throughout and even with 35s I tagged front and rear multiple times...some near impossible to avoid. I would not recommend this trail for IFS on 33s...much harder than Coyote Lk trail which last week was pretty torn up from Red Lk on.

The 3hrs is driving pretty much straight through...no spotting and just a few times backing up for better lines. Spent most of the trail in 4.7 1st and 2nd gear and used compound low a few times. Can be done (going in) with just a rear locker unless you try some of the insane lines :p didn't need lockers going out.

Guy there said the next couple of weekends will be very busy as clubs are done with Jamboree and find out the thing is finally open.
Camping in 4 major areas...probably get 25+ rigs in there and 30+ people.
one FS shitter that is about full. Shit loads of fire wood but no fires allowed :(

fishing OK but not great. several lakes w/in less than a mile walk with more fishing.
Skeeters not bad if you use repellent...flies actually more of a problem.

When you get over the bridge the trail goes off to the right, off camber. very hard to see at the moment.

If you go on a weekend plan on getting in early!

Reactions: Sparky of SoCal

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
might get The Dick to go Sept 19-21...pretty much the only other time slot I have this summer :p

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
anyone up for 19-21? Mon-Wed
Dick is a maybe :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts