TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
made this for my friend eric's trooper. made completely out of what was pulled from the scrap bin at his work so total cost of this bumper was $0.00 unless you factor in the beer and reese's cups for my fab time :lmao:

onto pics....

the trooper it was made for

started with 3 pieces of 2x4 and welded them all together

i made eric grind the main part so i can get the step to fit on

my welds are getting better

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
he then got me some 1/2" plate to make gussets out of.. must say they aren't that bad considering i was shit faced when i drew them out and i cut them out with a sawzall :lmao:

i the cut the corners on the step to give it some pizaz! here is the mock up

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
after spending acouple hours in the shop yesterday it is 100% done and now on the trooper

made my buddy taylor grind all the edges out.... to say thanks eric grilled out for us and taylor made a new friend!

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good lookin bumper if you ask me. Simple and functional and it doesn't add a ton of weight to the vehicle.
thanks man! it's a tad hefty though... but nothing compared to the front!

we tested it out last night by putting it in neutral and letting it roll down hill into an oak tree..... yeah, uprooted the tree and didn't even scratch the bumper:lmao:

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
beer and reese's cups...
now that's gotta be an award winning partnership :rolleyes:

Try some pretzels... then you can drink and hold more beer :p

:eek: I'm sorry... what was this thread about ? :dunno:

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
beer and reese's cups...
now that's gotta be an award winning partnership :rolleyes:

Try some pretzels... then you can drink and hold more beer :p

:eek: I'm sorry... what was this thread about ? :dunno:
Care to share whatever it is you're:xsmokin1: on :cool:

·
Registered
822 Posts
What did you use to make the rear? Looks like 2x4 square tube? 3/16"? Just curious as I have a good sized piece of it in the shop but just thought it would be small for a bumper but I gotta say I like how you added the step into it.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Yeah that step is a nice little feature. Toss some grip tape on it and it'd look premade IMO.

sent from my stupid smartphone with autospell.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What did you use to make the rear? Looks like 2x4 square tube? 3/16"? Just curious as I have a good sized piece of it in the shop but just thought it would be small for a bumper but I gotta say I like how you added the step into it.
2x4 1/4”. The main part is actually 2 pieces that I put together. I was hesitant about how far out the step goes but once I rounded it out and added my homefab gussets I think it sits just right lol. You would be amazed as to how simple that bumper was to make

We actually use the trooper as a shooting bench so that step is 100% functional :lmao:

Yeah that step is a nice little feature. Toss some grip tape on it and it'd look premade IMO.

sent from my stupid smartphone with autospell.
Just toss some dirt or fine gravel on it wile the paint is drying then spray over it. Way cheaper ;)

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just stopping by to have a :xbeer3: with yall. What are we working on now?
My broken pos taco is up next.... Or I'll just let it sit there and air the tires back up as needed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts