1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Beach Patrol Cruiser

So I woke up to find out I'm out of coffee :(

I hate when that happens.

I brushed my teeth and headed to Caribou Coffee. There was a cool fog hanging so I took a pic or two of Taira just for giggles.

I went and got my mud. I noticed a VooDoo with a lift and a roof light bar coming towards me in oncoming traffic.

It was the Sema Show award winning Beach Patrol Cruiser, modified by Real Wheels right here where I live. Website here Toyota FJ Cruiser Accessories

Of course, I turned around in pure stalker fashion and followed him back to Caribou (great minds think alike when it comes to coffee).

I waited outside and then approached him. His name is Jan. One hell of a guy. I asked if he would allow me to take some pics and he was kind enough to say yes.

Here they are.

Sorry about the "little yellow" FJ in the pics. It sure does make me see what a difference a lift makes. Taira looks like a station wagon :lol:

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Well - there are beaches - just none that can be patrolled. That's weird. I've never heard of them, or seen that FJC around...

...And are those Nitto Mud Grapplers on that thing? What a waste... :rolleyes:

- both you guys better be careful. Gurnee PD has been pulling people lately for not haveing front plates!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Nice pictures. I like the way your truck looks much better. That's a unique blue, but it's a little too much for me.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
stu said:
That's a unique blue, but it's a little too much for me.

You hit the nail on the head w/ that one....... entirely too much blue for my liking.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
wslytoy said:
You hit the nail on the head w/ that one....... entirely too much blue for my liking.

Too much ugly for my liking. The wheels, paint, decals, bumper and lights make a decent vehicle look like it was just accesorized at Wal-Mart. I'd take a stock one over that any day.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Needs a front bumper with a winch, some 15's, sliders, and about 200 lbs. less stereo equipment. I like a good stereo, but that's just overkill, and overall I think I'd be afraid to offroad with that thing in case I might mess up the paint job or wheels, or get stuck with no winch to pull me out.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, for all of you rock climbers who think this is too bling, just remember it is first off a show car. Secondly it is advertised as "Beach Patrol" so it's intent is not for anything but just that. :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
I wasn't saying they did it wrong or anything, it is a typical showcar, I was just mentioning what I think would improve it for what I would use it for.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Originally Posted by FJ Dragon
I totally understand. The VP of Realwheels called me this morning and basically agreed with you. These rigs are over the top and intended to be so for a show stopper.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I like it with the back window body color, that looks sweet.

FTR, it is ok to name your truck, but it makes you sound like a crazy person when you make reference to your truck by it's name to other people.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts