TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just replaced the bearing in my AC idler pulley. I called Napa for the bearing and they had to order it from California. Called a motorcycle shop that sold the brand listed in the NB write up and they said the part # was invalid.

So I called up McFadden's and they said they didn't have it but I should try Bearing, Belt & Chain. Called them up and their response was, "do you need the one with the metal or rubber cover?"

So went down there, called on the way as I was on the I-15 Public Lot and was not going to make it there by the 5pm closing time. They said a manager would stay late for me. I show up, guy lets me in and gets the bearings. To my suprise they are the high grade "Made in France" ones (Per the thread on the NB, they are the highest grade, grade 5). While they were $16ea, they are SMOOTHE! My bearing was so shot it won't turn anymore by hand!

Just wanted to let you know where you can get good quality bearings. And they have every bearing you can imagine. The guy said they've been there for 40 years (I think? It was many decades at least).

They're right at I-15 & Spring Mountain to the west. Right next door to the nudie store at the corner of Spring Mtn & Albebaran. 876-4225.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=bearing+belt+and+chain+las+vegas&gl=us&cd=1&ei=mM2-S6nSMZzcjAO-tryHDA&ie=UTF8&hl=en&view=map&cid=8135330884100120788&iwloc=A&ved=0CBsQpQY&sa=X

Pulley writeup: http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136014

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Right on Bro....nice write up. I'll make this a sticky in case anyone else needs their services in the future.......

The fact that you can go right next door and see some :boobies::boobies::boobies: is always a big plus!!! :xpimp:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just an update in this place. I just rebuilt my starter (pulled it all apart and found 1 bearing completely shot and the balls falling out. I'll post a write up one of these days). Got the thing apart and took the 2 bearings that needed replaced down there. One of them was completely gone to the point that I only had the inner and outer race, no balls, no cover with the bearing number, nothing. They measured the inner and outer diameter and got the bearing. As a matter of fact, they were out of the other bearing and called up one of their competitors, Atlas Bearing I think (Near Main & Charelston), and checked if they had one (which they did).

Really great people down there at Bearing Belt & Chain.

Truck's starting great again and the bearings are 10X's better than the OEM ones (which don't have a seal on them).

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Nice right up Keith. Want to come do mine now? LOL.

·
Registered
264 Posts
These guys are great for more than just bearings belts, and chains. If your looking for any type of puller, lubricant, O rings, and sealers. Now lets say you broke off a bolt while removing a pulley or such and HD is no help sometimes then you should head over to McFadden Dale just north of Russell on Decatur. They have some of the best hardware selection I have ever seen. I like to go in there and roam around whenever I cant find something in the usual places

·
Registered
188 Posts
Bearing Belt & Chain and McFadden Dale are both great shops. I was in McFadden Dale today by chance. It has got to be one of the best "industrial" hardware stores I have ever been to. If you like hardware you definately have to make it a point to go visit them!

BTW- I have no affiliation with either shop. Just like them both alot.

·
NVTTORA Pres. 社長
696 Posts
Bearing Belt & Chain and McFadden Dale are both great shops. I was in McFadden Dale today by chance. It has got to be one of the best "industrial" hardware stores I have ever been to. If you like hardware you definately have to make it a point to go visit them!

BTW- I have no affiliation with either shop. Just like them both alot.
Maybe one of the best hardware stores but they are technologically in the stone age. No upc code lookup, no material/equipment pricing - you have to go up to the counter with items to have them look them up in their books...which they do without fuss and are very helpful.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Another thumbs up for McFadden Dale! They have the coolest stuff and great service!

·
Registered
264 Posts
the only thing i dont like about that hardware store is that when i go there i see so much cool shit and i buy a ton of things that i dont need. haha

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe one of the best hardware stores but they are technologically in the stone age. No upc code lookup, no material/equipment pricing - you have to go up to the counter with items to have them look them up in their books...which they do without fuss and are very helpful.
I kinda like that about them. I like the handwritten receipts and totals figured out with a calculator. Reminds me of Strickland Propane.

"You know it's interesting, the word 'Customer.' It begins with 'C' 'U.'"

·
Registered
264 Posts
Bearing Belt & Chain has moved. They are now on Sunset just west of Dean martin on the north side of the street.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yep your right. It's on the other side of the 15 from Las Vegas blvd west on Sunset. I go past it when I go to work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
CYANWHEELER
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing