TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a bedbar and would like to know what type of lights anyone is using. I am thinking of getting square fog lights (not driving lights).

Are these expensive, name brand, fog lights better and brighter than some cheap walmart aux lights? Any input would be great!

PIAA 60XT (~$200)

Warn's 4X Fog Lights (~$100)

Hella Model 450 Fog (~$100)

Thanks

·
norcal n00b
802 Posts
I've got some KC Hilites 46 Series All season lights ready to put on mine. They're square and I think they put out 55 watts. I'd go with the Hellas if I were you.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I use light Force lights just for the different lenes and more adjustability. from spot to wide beam or both.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have the pro comp 5" flood lights (fluted lens). 55 watt, work great. They don't look to big either. Some i see I don't like cause they are big and i think it looks odd. but to every man his own...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Go with the best of both worlds. Put some driving/spot lights on the center of the bar. That way you will get some nice long distance lighting when you need it. Driving lights work best up high, so this will be the optimum position for them. Then you would put a set of fogs on the outside, slightly angled out. This would give you nice flat wide coverage of the area up close to the truck. Put them on two different switches so you could control the fogs and driving lights seperately.

Also, keep in mind, lights up that high will probably not be legal for on the road use. Some states even require they be covered up when on a public road.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Around here I can go to Carquest and pick up a pair of rectangle aux. driving lights, maybe fogs, they have a nice pattern not exactly spot but spread nicely, for like 20 bucks and they come in black plastic or chrome casing for the same price. They use the h3? 55w bulb but you can easily upgrade to the 100w bulb for like $4 a bulb and then theyre brighter than your headlights. Honestly i couldnt imagine spending $100 or more for a set of lights in my bed. These look good and are plenty capable of light output!

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
cabela's has a set of 55w trailering lights for 20$. they are about 4"x5"x1.5" and can mount any angle and use replaceable h3 bulbs. they are designed for backing up to a trailer.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
link

hammerdown said:
cabela's has a set of 55w trailering lights for 20$. they are about 4"x5"x1.5" and can mount any angle and use replaceable h3 bulbs. they are designed for backing up to a trailer.

gotta link to those lights???

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Has anyone actually compared the Name brand lights to the generic ones?

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
back up lights

SurfingDrunk said:
go to www.cabelas.com
type in "back up light" in the keyword
select the first set of lights.
opps, must not be the right ones, these are $29.99. someone made a whoopsie.

was it that hard? took less than a minute.:bitchslap

WWWD

thanx ass-pirate! you're my hero!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts