TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys me and a buddy of mine are going to try and fab a bed bar for him. But I need some pictures of them to get an idea of what they look like. to be honest i've never seen one up clsoe so I don't know how it attaches to your bed etc and what all is invovled in making one. if you guys have any pictures of yours up close let me know

thanks guys
Spence

·
norcal n00b
802 Posts
Send me an email at zackattak103(at)yahoo(dot)com and I can send you a pic or two of a Demello bedbar off of my truck.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
e-mail sent thanks

any others?

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Spenc121886 said:
hey guys me and a buddy of mine are going to try and fab a bed bar for him. But I need some pictures of them to get an idea of what they look like. to be honest i've never seen one up clsoe so I don't know how it attaches to your bed etc and what all is invovled in making one. if you guys have any pictures of yours up close let me know

thanks guys
Spence
http://www.norcalttora.com/~chris/mods/bed-bar-.jpg
http://www.norcalttora.com/~chris/mods/CO2 tank,bracket/photos/photo_4.html

cost me around $15 in steel

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
atwinda said:
a piece of angle on the inside of the bed rails with the bar in between them. Piece of cake!
hijack

hey, I got my leafpks re-arched the other day and the guy mentioned that he has a nifty rebuild for OE Taco springs...almost exactly what you have done ;)

bring him your worn out springs and he charges $286 for re-arch and new leaf; only $190 if they are new and don't need more arch. He does use new spring material for the additional leaf but the exact specs as the rest of the pk rather than some undersized AAL that usually gets used.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
wslytoy said:
hey man,
just outta curiousity,what kinda welder do you have? I've gotta learn how to weld, I can't make anything, it's gettin on my nerves. First and foremost, I'll need a welder, so I guess this is a hijack as well! Thanx, Wes
I got the little 5200 (or whatever) Lincolin from Home Depot for just over $400 over a year ago. It is essentially the same as the model 100 but is a flux core AND an MIG rather than just flux like the 100.
But, knowing what I know now I would have bought at least the 175 or other brand equivalent...live and learn.

Get the biggest unit you can afford.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
welder

hytenor said:
I got the little 5200 (or whatever) Lincolin from Home Depot for just over $400 over a year ago. It is essentially the same as the model 100 but is a flux core AND an MIG rather than just flux like the 100.
But, knowing what I know now I would have bought at least the 175 or other brand equivalent...live and learn.

Get the biggest unit you can afford.

10-4, cause this no welding business SUX! Thanx man, Wes

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
hytenor said:
hijack

hey, I got my leafpks re-arched the other day and the guy mentioned that he has a nifty rebuild for OE Taco springs...almost exactly what you have done ;)

bring him your worn out springs and he charges $286 for re-arch and new leaf; only $190 if they are new and don't need more arch. He does use new spring material for the additional leaf but the exact specs as the rest of the pk rather than some undersized AAL that usually gets used.
ok.. can I sue him for rights or something? LOL... that's good though.. now we can refer people to him if they can't rebuild them yourself... if you want to give me their contact info I will add a little bit to my write up about it...

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
atwinda said:
ok.. can I sue him for rights or something? LOL... that's good though.. now we can refer people to him if they can't rebuild them yourself... if you want to give me their contact info I will add a little bit to my write up about it...

Hmm, you can call him ;)

Alloy Spring
5020 Forni Dr Unit B
Concord Ca
925 827 2207

He also sells just the parts if you want to do it yourself...kind of like getting a factory AAL.

My truck rides so nice now, weee! Of course the rear end is really jacked up until they settle a little but it looks cool. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts