TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started my bed basket today... Finally. I just need something to secure all my off road equipment and tools. The basket will be completely removeable. Also the basket will be on hinges so i can tilt it up to retrieve anything from below the basket.

Simple frame made from 1.5" angle and 1.5" square.

Basket frame made from 1" square, not finished... maybe tomorrow. You can also see where I plan to mount my hi lift.

Thinking about mounting work lights on either side.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Damn, I need to learn how to weld.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
buy a good welder... and get busy

start simple... and in time... your skills will improve

if I could teach myself... you should be able as well

Don't take on projects that are critical... least not out the starting gate :2cents:

===========

OP... look forward to seeing your final results

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm self taught on the welder also.... My first project was a bed bar I think..

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the box sides welded up, just need to add a few cross bars and a floor.

Next are hinges and latches. And I still need to secure it to the bed rails... Hence the ratchet straps.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ill be starting my bed basket when my tax refund comes in. I will be using a yakima mega load warrior I bought off craigslist with some custom bed bars so i can run the basket with both bars or just one bar that holds my highlift.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you post up a pic of that basket? I'm only 30$ deep into my setup. Just need a few more things and she'll be done

·
Registered
216 Posts
Here's a picture of what i'm going for except I want the basket a few inches higher. I plan on having two bed bars like some members use for highlift jacks and other tools to mount this on top of.

Another members bed bar picture

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Something to think about:

Here is a pic of my bed basket setup:

I purposely designed mine where the basket is in-line with the roof. I.e. not sticking up above the roof. Yours doesn't need to be as high as mine (I had to clear my spare tire, and also wanted the option of mounting my Roof-Top-Tent), but I would suggest lifting it a little bit above the bed rails to allow clearance for coolers, or camping gear boxes, etc.

As seen here:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn I didn't think of that... Well looks like I'm throwing everything in the basket...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Something to think about:

Here is a pic of my bed basket setup:

I purposely designed mine where the basket is in-line with the roof. I.e. not sticking up above the roof. Yours doesn't need to be as high as mine (I had to clear my spare tire, and also wanted the option of mounting my Roof-Top-Tent), but I would suggest lifting it a little bit above the bed rails to allow clearance for coolers, or camping gear boxes, etc.

As seen here:

The second picture is exactly what I'm shooting for. I want enough room under the bars and basket for cooler, ammo cans, or fuel jug without raising the basket above the roofline and increasing wind resistance. Waiting on the IRS for bed bars and sliders ill post pics when I get it done. I'm going to have mine set up to where I can run the basket with or without the center extension piece.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Little Update:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts