TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:saw: :welder:

Sending a quick feeler out there to see if there might be any interest in helping me do a bed bob on my rig.

Looking to bob it approximately a foot, so there will need to be some frame trimming.

I don't have a garage/shop or the right tools to do it. So it would be parked in someone else's garage/shop/driveway during the project.

Let me know your availability/interest and what kind of compensation you would like, beer, money, etc. Obviously I'll take care of any materials required.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I think I did most of mine in less than a day minus the paint. It didn't take too long to chop it up then weld it back together. I don't have a garage either though.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Depending on when you want to do this, I have a decent garage, and most of the tools needed for it. The welder is just a flux core, but will do the job. We could discuss compensation before, during, or after the project. Whatever works. I live by the wal-mart at 38th and Youngfield in west Denver

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd love to help, but I have too many things waiting for time in my garage as it is.
No worries Doug, I appreciate the feedback, and I understand the whole "too many irons in the fire" thing.

Depending on when you want to do this, I have a decent garage, and most of the tools needed for it. The welder is just a flux core, but will do the job. We could discuss compensation before, during, or after the project. Whatever works. I live by the wal-mart at 38th and Youngfield in west Denver
Cool, the time I'd like to have this done is in between the Fall and Spring school semesters.

My Fall Semester ends on December 12th and the Spring starts on January 17th.

That would give us 5 weekends to get this done, 3 depending on if you have better things to do on the Christmas and New Year's weekends.

As far as compensation, PM me and we can discuss it.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I will be going down to Texas for December 23-28th. Other than that, I should be free the rest of the time. I graduate on the 16th, so I will also be free from the 17th on. Like others said, it should be a 2 day max job if we work all day on it.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, so it looks like a weekend job then.

I'm all for starting sooner than later, so we could start on 17th.

But I also want to do a reasonable good job on this and not rush and end up screwing something up.

So perhaps starting on or after the New Year's weekend would be better. That way we could have two weekends to get 'er done in case it take more than one. So that would be on the 7th of January, or December 31st.

If you are OK with that then we can start working out what you want for compensation.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I may still have some family in town the 17th, and like you said it may be better to allow a little more time for it... just in case! Lets plan on the weekend of Jan 7th to play it safe in case I stay down in Texas a little longer than planned right now. Will you be free during the week days? Since I am graduating, I don't start my full time job until like January 16th. So if you can work on week days, I am good to do that too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts