TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a bed box /tool box. The kind that sits below the rear window and spans the bed rails. Who has what? How did you mount it? My 2000 bed rails are entirely different than the composite bed of my 2012.

The selection in my area is small and ordering one is difficult. Price of shipping or the fact they won't even ship it to me.

The Toyota dealership sells them here. The price is about the same as one from the internet w/ shipping. About $700.00

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,713 Posts
For metal beds, they usually bolt through the bed rail. Lowes offers them through their Kobalt line. Might be a option to look at. The $700 price seems reasonable given HI.

I'll be in Kauai in Sept. ✈

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I don't have any leads on a bed box, personally I prefer the chest style instead of the over the rail type. I do see the advantage to over the rail, in that some leave room underneath to still use the full length of the bed. There are hook type hold downs for those tool boxes if you don't want to drill into the bed rails. The only holes would be in the tool box, near the bed rail.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Drilling through bed rail? Looks like I'd have to drill a hole down vertically and one horizontal to access the bolt with a nut. Possible for sure. I need to find another newer Tacoma with a bed box. There must be one more somewhere on Kauai:unsure:

I want one bolted down whatever the type. (THEFT...)

ShowStop, PM me if you like about Kauai.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Sorry, I misunderstood the question. I thought you were doing this in the 2000 Tacoma.....no idea what's involved with mounting to a newer one.

Maybe this will help, should work with any over the rail tool box. Same idea that I was referring to in my first post, just grabs a different part of the bed.

Reactions: unaalisabrin

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lunarmist02 Awesome. Thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts