TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Generalee7 didnt want his bed cage anymore so I took it from him :D

And in the meantime i decided to get rid of my behemoth rear bumper and did a tube one instead.
Old

New

Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
badmoonrising said:
haha he just built that thing.

i kinda like your old bumper better though. why did you get rid of it?
when i took it off, the truck rose up about 1 1/2 to 2 inches :eek: my rear springs are thanking me now.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
badmoonrising said:
stock springs?
yeah. i know i should replace them but my money keeps getting diverted to other hobbies.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Looks Great.
I wish I had access to a tube bender.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Hey what does that cage do back there except add weight and take up space... Does it go thru to the frame?... Hold a spare tire ?... You had to lose the old superduty bumper because of the extra baggage... LOL

I do prefer yer new rearbumper tho'...
I'm just a fan of Americans on a diet :D...

·
Registered
394 Posts
that rear looks awesome! good job!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TacoDell said:
Hey what does that cage do back there except add weight and take up space... Does it go thru to the frame?... Hold a spare tire ?... You had to lose the old superduty bumper because of the extra baggage... LOL

I do prefer yer new rearbumper tho'...
I'm just a fan of Americans on a diet :D...
in the event that i do roll over (knock on wood) it should save the cab and my head from fully collapsing to the doors :eek: the cage is bolted to supports under the bed which are welded to my silders in the front and to the frame in the rear. when i do get an in cab cage, i will tie it to the bed cage. im working on where i want the spare right now. it holds my hi lift, cb antena, has light mounts, and in the event of WWIII, it should make a good gun mount :D

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
ElBandito said:
in the event that i do roll over (knock on wood) it should save the cab and my head from fully collapsing to the doors :eek: the cage is bolted to supports under the bed which are welded to my silders in the front and to the frame in the rear. when i do get an in cab cage, i will tie it to the bed cage. im working on where i want the spare right now. it holds my hi lift, cb antena, has light mounts, and in the event of WWIII, it should make a good gun mount :D
Cool... the front pillars collapse more so then the rear under slow rolls... Cab Cage is a good idea... Especially if yer a spirited driver... I need one as well...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts