TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Rustoleum Bedliner in a spray can. Cheap. Very fine texture and even as far as bedliners go and easy to touch up. (However, it is very tough, so you won't have to touch up much.)

I don't have any pics, but it looks just like flat paint until you get within a couple feet of it. I use it on all my armor/bumpers and love it.

·
Administrator
18,257 Posts

I've got various chips and scrapes on both the front and rear bumpers from several years of rock crawling. They are mostly minor and don't really detract from the look.

Cost was $250 for the front and $150 for the rear. This did not include prep. I spent hours on each bumper sandblasting prior to the coating.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Rustoleum Bedliner in a spray can. Cheap. Very fine texture and even as far as bedliners go and easy to touch up. (However, it is very tough, so you won't have to touch up much.)

I don't have any pics, but it looks just like flat paint until you get within a couple feet of it. I use it on all my armor/bumpers and love it.
This is what I use.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Armorthane Bedliner works well (have to pay for it to be done) they can do high pressure or low, offer a life time warranty no questions asked, with high pressure they can spray a variety of textures from nearly smooth as glass to a texture like 50 grit, offer a uv top coat that last supposedly for 3-5 years but can easily be reapplied and when it's sprayed high pressure it comes out real nice and glossy. And they can easily touch it up (from my understanding) but I haven't needed mine touched once

·
Registered
337 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
spraying prep.work

So i went to my local line-ex guy and he is telling me that he would rather not do my back bumper because of water getting.up under the plastic so ive decided to just spray my genders. Now how do I go about prepping my bumpers to be sprayed with the rustoleum spray bed liner. Just sand the paint off or can it be applied right to the paint after a good wash??

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I've had pretty good luck with the Rustoleum (Sp) professional rubberized/sound damping paint. Your local walmart covers it. Must more flexible and durable than just rattle can black paint. Also much cheaper. Could do a bumper like showstop's with maybe 3-4 cans. 20-30 dollars. I didn't prep or anything when I've used it before and I've had 0 problems. I could only think prepping/sanding or sandblasting, and to primer would result in even better results.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts