TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of all I HAVE ALREADY SEARCHED

I'm looking for metal bed rail protectors, not the ones with round bars on top. I can't seem to find any metal ones online.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Ross said:

I'm looking for metal bed rail protectors, not the ones with round bars on top. I can't seem to find any metal ones online.
go buy some angle iron

·
Registered
32 Posts
I couldn't find any metal ones a while back, so I wound up buying some plastic Bushwacker railcovers from Performance Products.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could i just buy some diamond plate and have it bent to shape?

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Ross said:

have you checked JC Whitney?
I wound up with a set of pvc type rails made by Wade from a local truck accessory place...around $70

otherwise...find a local fab shop with a big bender and have some 1/8" diamond plate bent to fit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hytenor said:
have you checked JC Whitney?
I wound up with a set of pvc type rails made by Wade from a local truck accessory place...around $70

otherwise...find a local fab shop with a big bender and have some 1/8" diamond plate bent to fit.
I'm not familiar with JC Whitney. Is that a website or what?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Check DZ truck accessories, not sure of the website address. I've had their diamond plate aluminium rails my 99 for 8 years. They cost $120, at the time it was cheaper than repainting the rails after my wife scratched the rails up helping a friend move.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
TEXAS THREAD
Ross said:

Ross, I had the same issue as you. THe way I fixed it was to have someone make it for me. Check out my website for the details.
Basically it was three pieces of angle iron, welded together with two tie downs per side. THe person that made this excellent piece of functionallity was Jayce (JFAB) of San Marcos, tx

JFAB Build up of my box, bed rail and bed bar.

If you want to check out the workmanship or even come with us to visit his shop this Saturday (March 10) we will be going there to help a friend get his front bumper built up.

Here is the Texas thread that is discussing the trip this coming weekend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts