TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Ok so I have been trying to find some different options to either build or buy a type of shell to put on my bed, but I don't want a full camper shell.

i saw a truck that had what looked like a snap-on (tonneau cover material) type of tent that fit like a camper shell. I can't get that guy to respong to me and I can't find that anywhere on the net.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and does anyone have any other ideas for doing something of this nature without buying an actual camper shell?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
like a Can back? im not sure if thats right, performance products has them right now... a cloth camper shell, that can be taken down in a few min... and tucked under the rear window.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
There is a good article in one of the 4WDToyota Owner's magazines, either their first or second issue. The topper is a soft design that slides out of the way, and looked pretty good. Wish I could be more help, but I gave that issue of the magazine away, having digested it cover to cover.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
It's called the Softopper, and has a series of hinges that allow it to fold forward, accordian style, and collapse behind the rear window like Mayhem mentioned. The sides roll up for access and it has a plastic window in the rear. Looks pretty cool to me. Apparently the installation was cake. Costs $529.00 and comes in black, charcoal, or tan.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I could just me falling out of that thing in the middle of the night...

But honey, I really did FALL outof the tent!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts