TTORA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to get a tool box for the bed but not sure which one to get...so any pictures of your guys trucks with them in would be great and what kind they are and where you got it would be awesome..

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just built my own.

http://img174.exs.cx/img174/4350/cargoboxes6zx.jpg

it's easy peasy and you can customize it to fit your needs. I wanted to still be able to fit a twin mattress in the back and house long things like my hi lift as well as other stuff that used to roll around like ammo cans with chains, jumper cables, camping gear, etc...
If you're intrested in exactly how these are anchored down and what not, shoot me an email.
fotwell at mines dot edu

-Fletch-

·
Registered
195 Posts
I also built mine. I used 1/2" plywood and made one that is similar to a chest box and goes in the front from side to side and forms around the wheelwells. I don't like the typical tool boxes because they waste space under them. I also didn't like a small chest because it lost the side space in front of the wheelwells. The approximate dimensions are 17" deep and 20" high. I sloped the box lid so water would run off. I painted it with a lot of oil based enamel. That is the only thing about it that is a pain. I have to recoat it every year, since it is made out of wood.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Anything wrong with Deezee low profile truck boxes? They sell those at Pepboys for about $180 - $230. I'm thinkin about one of those.

·
Registered
425 Posts
toubabokoomi said:
i want to get a tool box for the bed but not sure which one to get...so any pictures of your guys trucks with them in would be great and what kind they are and where you got it would be awesome..
Here are some pics of mine. I built it out of 16ga. cold rolled steel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts