TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently built this cage, sliders, and bumper for a friend. The cage will eventually be an exo, so even though it looks 'different' it won't affect strength. Even the way it is now with a full X-brace it would stand up to a good beating. The cage is tied to the frame, sliders welded on in 4 places, and the bumper and cage are tied together. Once he decides how he wants the spare tire mounted, the two bars in the back will be tied together to mount the spare.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. And I built the stuff because I was paid to build it, but for the price I charged I can definetly call him a friend :)

The blue Jeep and grey Toyota(bobbed bed) on my site have gotten everything on their rigs for $cheap$, basically the cost of materials (if I am lucky to get that). They do alot of the work themselves though.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also, I really wanted to post the pics of the bedcage on here, I was really having mixed feelings about the bend down on the hoop bar, but once I finished it I thought it looked really nice, and different which he wanted. Glad to see other people like it as well.

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Tacoma747 said:
Also, I really wanted to post the pics of the bedcage on here, I was really having mixed feelings about the bend down on the hoop bar, but once I finished it I thought it looked really nice, and different which he wanted. Glad to see other people like it as well.
It wouldn't be my choice design for a hoop but to each his own.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmmmm "YOU" made these sliders?
Not sure what made me look in this section, but for some odd reason I did, and saw this post had been dug up.

Not sure what you are trying to get at? Are you trying to say I didn't build the sliders? If so, I am not sure where you get that idea...

Yea, I built them, along with everything else pictured on that truck... (except the front bumper)

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
while its dug up let me point out that that cage has dead tubes and will never work....for a highh speed roll in the desert:D good looking work, but you really should do some cage research into how tubes should intersect.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Nice work! I can really appreciate the skill you put into everything.

The "bulging" bed cage is "not my cup of tea" but as Brian said, "to each, their own" Question on it though. Is the cage tied into the frame at all?

I can't see where the mounting plates in the back of the bed would give it much strength being tied into the frame at the end of the rails.

The rear bumper looks like you stepped into my brain and pulled out the same idea I had on my rear bumper! I really like that one! good job!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts