TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sometimes the simplest shiat just intrigues me...

I got this at my local PepBoys and thought it was a fair price for what it does... $ 14.00 I thunk it was...

It's damn near infinately adjustable and can be used on a wide variety of surfaces...
Seems purdy stout (though I'm sure it's Chinese metal :rolleyes: ) And holds well...

Plus it's bling'n chrome...
: ok so for that issue... I'm not as excited about it :

The set screws seem to hold... though I recommend tighting them with a T-handled allen to be sure they stay put... They give you a little L wrench and it is do able with that... But the leverage is difficult for tightening it enough...

In my case I already had tabs in place that I utilized... So it made it simple... I'd think you could even hose clamp or zip tie the thing to a tube bumper and it would hold up to that...

It comes with 6 bolts 2)for mounting the L plate... 4)for mounting the bracket ([email protected] screw or [email protected] and nut style)

Though it swings up and locks into that position... It is way simpler just to unscrew the two front plate bolts when accessing the winch... Those bolts have a captured thread on the bracket... And I appreciated that...

Part # you ask ?

uh... ok...

Bell Adjustable License Plate Mounting Bracket
P# 46230-1

Bell Adj. LP Bracket website

Here's a shitload of different pics and angles... and even a video clip of the range of movement... (Nevermind the narrator... LOL)

My... Bell LP pics and clip

Another little stupid project
: I get this way when I'm bored :dunno: :
I also modded a license plate frame with 6 flush mount (inside edge) led's wired in to make the plate observable for my local enforcers... plus a message for the NorCal ho's (one of those adjustable phrase plates from Wally World :rolleyes: )... to fit out back... Unfortunaletly that little project didn't fair as well... The farking leds don't light up enough (all that wiring work... and then denied :( )... Otherwise it's stupid cool... So that has to be redone with some better led's...

Pics of the rear plate...

The front plate says...
F A R K
Nor-Cal TTORA
;)

Coming up with an effective license plate light for the rear of my All-Pro rear bumper has had me trying a multitude of things...
If the led shiat don't work... I found this nifty license plate light now offered by the Pilot automotive light dweebs... This thing will do the trick... if my ghey phrase plate is... well... just too ghey even for me... It's comes as chrome as well... But it's plastic and roughs up easlily to hold paint... and looks much nicer rattle canned black... (Pic on that later as well)...

Here's the part # for that... www.pilotautomotive.com
L.E.D License Plate Light
P#CZ-224W
I didn't see it on there site so it must be new ?
Anyhow it mounts to the plate holes and is mounted on the top or bottom outside using the plate mounting screws/bolts... It's fairly low profile... I'll post a pic of it shortly... The black paint is drying momentarily...

Ok freshly painted black... Here's the pics..

Here's the License Frame LED light mounted...

Simple hook up... From the LPL... Black wire to the white and blk striped oem wire... Red to green... I soldered mine and used shrink tubing... You only utilize one side so protect and secure the other side for future projects or to run a second light on the bottom if you really want to brighten that plate up...

·
Registered
65 Posts
hey thats cool u can also use bicycle rear rack brackets oh and is brains license bracket off a boat trailier i kind of like it

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Why not just use these? I have used them for a few years now, work great..

Lite n boltz

·
Registered
779 Posts
that's awesome ima need to weld a base for that to my front bumper! I have been told I need a front plate.. but it bends up!!?! nice... so i can still fly through fasttrack toll bridges! :D ..only joking :clap: nice find/work

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
TacoDell said:
Sometimes the simplest shiat just intrigues me...

I got this at my local PepBoys and thought it was a fair price for what it does... $ 14.00 I thunk it was...

It's damn near infinately adjustable and can be used on a wide variety of surfaces...
Seems purdy stout (though I'm sure it's Chinese metal :rolleyes: ) And holds well...

Plus it's bling'n chrome...
: ok so for that issue... I'm not as excited about it :

The set screws seem to hold... though I recommend tighting them with a T-handled allen to be sure they stay put... They give you a little L wrench and it is do able with that... But the leverage is difficult for tightening it enough...

In my case I already had tabs in place that I utilized... So it made it simple... I'd think you could even hose clamp or zip tie the thing to a tube bumper and it would hold up to that...

It comes with 6 bolts 2)for mounting the L plate... 4)for mounting the bracket ([email protected] screw or [email protected] and nut style)

Though it swings up and locks into that position... It is way simpler just to unscrew the two front plate bolts when accessing the winch... Those bolts have a captured thread on the bracket... And I appreciated that...

Part # you ask ?

uh... ok...

Bell Adjustable License Plate Mounting Bracket
P# 46230-1

Bell Adj. LP Bracket website

Here's a shitload of different pics and angles... and even a video clip of the range of movement... (Nevermind the narrator... LOL)

My... Bell LP pics and clip

Another little stupid project
: I get this way when I'm bored :dunno: :
I also modded a license plate frame with 6 flush mount (inside edge) led's wired in to make the plate observable for my local enforcers... plus a message for the NorCal ho's (one of those adjustable phrase plates from Wally World :rolleyes: )... to fit out back... Unfortunaletly that little project didn't fair as well... The farking leds don't light up enough (all that wiring work... and then denied :( )... Otherwise it's stupid cool... So that has to be redone with some better led's...

Pics of the rear plate...

The front plate says...
F A R K
Nor-Cal TTORA
;)

Coming up with an effective license plate light for the rear of my All-Pro rear bumper has had me trying a multitude of things...
If the led shiat don't work... I found this nifty license plate light now offered by the Pilot automotive light dweebs... This thing will do the trick... if my ghey phrase plate is... well... just too ghey even for me... It's comes as chrome as well... But it's plastic and roughs up easlily to hold paint... and looks much nicer rattle canned black... (Pic on that later as well)...

Here's the part # for that... www.pilotautomotive.com
L.E.D License Plate Light
P#CZ-224W
I didn't see it on there site so it must be new ?
Anyhow it mounts to the plate holes and is mounted on the top or bottom outside using the plate mounting screws/bolts... It's fairly low profile... I'll post a pic of it shortly... The black paint is drying momentarily...

Ok freshly painted black... Here's the pics..

That is kewl! But I don't have to worry about this shit! Welcome to Alabama Biatch!

No, really.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Bling-whore! :D

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
TacoCrazy said:
Why not just use these? I have used them for a few years now, work great..

Lite n boltz

those cost almost 2x the amount of the light bracket tacodell used.....

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bray said:
That is kewl! But I don't have to worry about this shit! Welcome to Alabama Biatch!

No, really... Bling-whore! :D
Yer quoting skills suck ass...

Must you quote the whole farking pictures over again :rolleyes: :lazy biatch:

Learn some internet skills... dumbass... :flipoff3:

jimbo74 said:
Thanks for yer support...
I thought they were a little costly as well...
To each his own...

I'm just sharing what I found... at a local auto parts store...
Something you can walk in and grab off the shelf... ;)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
TacoDell said:
Yer quoting skills suck ass...

Must you quote the whole farking pictures over again :rolleyes: :lazy biatch:

Learn some internet skills... dumbass... :flipoff3:

Thanks for yer support...
I thought they were a little costly as well...
To each his own...

I'm just sharing what I found... at a local auto parts store...
Something you can walk in and grab off the shelf... ;)
You don't like me anymore, do ya? :)

·
Registered
779 Posts
LAtacoma said:
dude can anyone tell me were brain got his on his back tailgate
brainer? bray or brian? :confused: :rolleyes:... they are all members... hmmm

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bray said:
You don't like me anymore, do ya? :)
No ;)

Does that make yer intarnet pussy sore ?..

Oh and one last thing before I go....

almost there....

JK... fukstick... :D

·
Registered
779 Posts
do i sense some hostility...? anyways nice plates EVERYONE...can't everyone just get along!!?!?! ok now i am starting to sound like a fucking liberal ass tree hugger" make love not war"... ok it must be too late when it sounds like I could be married to miss lefty barbara boxer herself... goodnight y'all

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
jimbo74 said:
Well fine....Just trying to help.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
65 Posts
the one with the green sac tacoma with white star and it was just recently painted black it looks like its for a boat trailier but i wanna make sure because its hard to find

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
LAtacoma said:
the one with the green sac tacoma with white star and it was just recently painted black it looks like its for a boat trailier but i wanna make sure because its hard to find
That would be generalee7.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Dell, where'd you pick the light up from? The pilot site wasn't working quite right for me, so I couldn't find a list of distributors. Said vatozone and horeiley's carried their products, so I might have to check there.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
AggieTaco said:
Dell, where'd you pick the light up from? The pilot site wasn't working quite right for me, so I couldn't find a list of distributors. Said vatozone and horeiley's carried their products, so I might have to check there.

AutoZone... and it comes stand alone... not included with or attached to a frame...

I bought two... just incase the original dies an early death...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts