TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brands of belts do you guys/gals use ? For fans , alternators, water pumps and AC ? My Tacoma is a 2003 2.7 liter .
I have always went with Gates but wonder what you guys use . My Tacoma is 13 years old now and the original belts are starting to crack so I'll change them this week. Thanks for any information .

·
Registered
128 Posts
Don't use Dayco. Those suck balls. I have them on my car and truck and they all slip like crazy. Looking to switch them all out to something else... may do Bando or Mitsuboshi.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't use Dayco. Those suck balls. I have them on my car and truck and they all slip like crazy. Looking to switch them all out to something else... may do Bando or Mitsuboshi.
Ok cool and thanks. It seems every autoparts store here carries Dayco . I think I may go with Gates.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got Gates. I had to go to Oreily's for them. I was surprised that Advance Auto and Autozone didn't carry Gates !

·
Registered
405 Posts
Only belt I could get to hold on my overspun supercharger was a ContiTech 6 rib cut down to a 4. Stock belts would just turn to rubber dust on the nosecone and start slipping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts