TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone here want to bend me a tube? I'd prefer 2" but 1 3/4 would do. The picture shows a 5 1/2" radius but if you have a 7" die, that's fine (I can adjust the drawing).

PM me know how much. I need it before the 20th.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I was hoping you'd say that... i've had some ideas for a modified genright style for my 85.

I was planning on building one as well. I still may but for now, I'm throwing the spare in the cargo area and going to build a rack over the top of it for gear. My only concern about a tire carrier is dropping down stuff like the first big drop of Bunker Hill at Indy. I already drag ass down that drop with a minimal bumper.

My brother runs a swing-down tire carrier that Scotty built for him. It's an awesome design for a tire carrier. It's nice because it doubles as a ramp to walk up and get stuff out of the back of his Jeep.

·
20,355 Posts
Love the look of that style, just concerned about how hard it may be to drop and raise on the trail. Not as big of a deal on a pickup but it could hinder cargo access on a runner.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I think I like a awing out better but thats just me. swing downs do look good though!

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I was going this direction but raise and lower ever time I needed in the bed it would suck. It's a pain in the ass at best.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright, bumpity bump. I'm going through threads that I started looking for a FS thread to bump and saw this. 2 years later and no progress lol.

I got one guy to help me bend a piece of tube but neither of us knew what the fuck we were doing so it turned out lopsided. If anyone wants to bend this tube, I'll pay for it. I have no interest in doing it myself unless someone wants to unload a bender for a good price. Then I would take the time to figure it out.

The print pictured above is missing an angle dimension in the middle of the tube. I'll get that to make the process easy (I wish I wouldn't had that when I tried).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
Brandon
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing