TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a jd2 bender with a hydralic ram on it, it has a stand and is bolted to the concrete floor in my garage. problem is my garage is getting smaller and smaller. was curious about a non-permanent mounting to the floor any ideas?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
i would use a large metal plate to mount it to. then if you need to move it just slide the plate out of the way. you could even put wheels on one end so you can tip it them wheel it.

·
Bear's Chauffeur
2,240 Posts
If its a hydrualic bender you don't even have to hard mount it you can mount it to the top of a roll around cart, then its totally mobile heck you can even bring it over to my house and help get started on my bed and cage :D

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have it on four anchors in the concrete, i just hate to keep bolting and unbolting it because im afraid im going to wear out the anchors. good point about putting it on a roll cart. i may do something like that

·
Registered
764 Posts
JFabs came mounted on a cart with little casters on it. I think he's just gonna put larger casters on it but it should be good to go on a cart with some casters. Totally mobile

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
george.arnold said:
JFabs came mounted on a cart with little casters on it. I think he's just gonna put larger casters on it but it should be good to go on a cart with some casters. Totally mobile
But if you’re working on a larger project, a long length of tube might try to tip the bender. ;)

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
BOVADS said:
i have it on four anchors in the concrete, i just hate to keep bolting and unbolting it because im afraid im going to wear out the anchors. good point about putting it on a roll cart. i may do something like that
if you eventually wear the anchors out, fill the holes with epoxy and drill four new ones.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
badmoonrising said:
x2 on that. theres also drop in wedge anchors you can thread a bolt into
That’s what I'm using, I just don't trust the "wedge" fit as much and used epoxy in addition for long time durability. I haven't had a problem with it yet.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
joel said:
That’s what I'm using, I just don't trust the "wedge" fit as much and used epoxy in addition for long time durability. I haven't had a problem with it yet.
long tube and rolling carts doesnt effect it, besides i dont know many people who are bending full 20ft sticks of tubing...

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Yeah put that bitch on casters. With the ram on there, it dosen't really need to be bolted down because all the force is contained in the bender itself. With it on rollers you can move it around to accomidate longer tubing and park it out of the way when not needed saving shop space. But you'll have to support the longer and heavier pieces so it doesn't tip the bender over.

·
Bear's Chauffeur
2,240 Posts
It takes a full stick to make a tube bed hoop and it takes a stick plus some to go around the bed. But usually if you are bending that much you need help holding it anyways.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
um ok ive done some pretty elaborate things lately and havent used more than 7ft in the bender...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Ive noticed with a full stick its hard to get the bender started right... We've got an adjustable stand with four rollers in a U shape on the top that I use about 10 ft from the bender.

·
Bear's Chauffeur
2,240 Posts
DesertTRD said:
um ok ive done some pretty elaborate things lately and havent used more than 7ft in the bender...
Dang real nice work, but you don't have a lot of continues bends like some other project will have. But I can't wait to see more of your project.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Dick Foster said:
Ha I see the venerable Chevy small block. Who's EFI kit are you going to use, Corey?
that motor is just for mach up, in reality im putting a ls2 in my truck with a th-400, using mostly stock wiring.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
10 Participants
Boheefus
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing