TTORA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my circle of off-road buds we all call it a dumped exhaust. Anyway, is there any benefit to it? I had my CJ I-6 dumped with no catalytic and a flowmo and everyone thought I installed a 350. A good sounding truck is bad ass, but is that the only difference???

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
It spreads out the sound around the vehicle for 1. Another thing is that you can cut it so it wont hit on anything while off-road

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
I had a turndown for about 2 days and then I cut it off and just ran it dumped out of the muffler...sounded like shit with the turndown.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I think another benefit of a turndown is that when going through water, there is less of a chance of water getting into the exhaust (muffler). With that being said, I have cut my turndown off and now run it dumped right after the muffler. My air tank wouldn't fit without doing so.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
It spreads out the sound around the vehicle for 1. Another thing is that you can cut it so it wont hit on anything while off-road
Yes, and yes... I did it on mine for the clearance issue...

On diesels guys do it so the soot dissipates before it coats your trailer, and coat it will....

·
Registered
19 Posts
typically clearence is the main thing - if you are consistenly in the upper RPM range on a high end application (i.e. drag appliction running high RPM) the dump right off the muffler is best for getting rid of exhaust gases that much quicker

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
What does it do to backpressure, negative/postive? Just curious, I have mine chopped over the rear axle already.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.