TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a flip kit for the rear axle and i wondering what does this enhance or what kind of difference does it make, just curious, i know that it will lower the rear of my truck by abot 3.5 in. Any info would be great.

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
MidwestTaco95 said:
I saw a flip kit for the rear axle and i wondering what does this enhance or what kind of difference does it make, just curious, i know that it will lower the rear of my truck by abot 3.5 in. Any info would be great.
Where did you see it? Link?

·
Registered
436 Posts
MidwestTaco95 said:

is it a u-bolt flip kit or a spring under kit? the u-bolt flip shouldnt lower it, only benefit i can think of is a lil more ground clearance since the bolts and the plate isnt hangin down bashing rocks.
spring under kit would lower a bit, i would think the diameter of the axle. as for benifits, just a guess... but maybe a better ride more flex maybe less axle wrap?? i dunno for sure...

·
Registered
60 Posts
jhorn_007 said:
is it a u-bolt flip kit or a spring under kit? the u-bolt flip shouldnt lower it, only benefit i can think of is a lil more ground clearance since the bolts and the plate isnt hangin down bashing rocks.
spring under kit would lower a bit, i would think the diameter of the axle. as for benifits, just a guess... but maybe a better ride more flex maybe less axle wrap?? i dunno for sure...
yeah less axle wrap, sposed to be a better ride but not sure why that would be...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
That's usualy used for long travel setups and switching over to 62" springs., and long shackles... It alows them to user a longer leaf spring with out over lifting the truck - and to get alot more travel out of the rear with the longer spring.. It doesn't work good for rock crawling because it takes away ground clearence. Requires welding in a new front spring hanger also.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info, always trying to educate myself mor about all kinds of off roading.

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
Joe, I am thinking about the U-bolt flip kit as well
why don't you order one and come up to Chicago to install it!!!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where you gonna order yours from?? i was thinking A.O.R.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts