TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently ran my truck into a small concrete pole. Little bigger was short and I couldn't see it. My bumper took the force fairly well except it pushed up on the passenger side. It has popped the grill and headlight apart and slightly pushed the light in 1/4". The bumper rose about 1/2" and is preventing me from popping it all back together.
Brainstorming ideas to pull the bumper back down into place and thought maybe a 5000 lb concrete anchor with eyelet come along and a sling? Block the tires and the frame up. Wrap the sling around the bumper and set anchor into my shop floor. Crank it down with come along?

Any other ideas? Could this work?

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Maybe rig up a long ass lever to push/pull it down. You might have to weld something in there to use as a fulcrum with the leaver.

First off when I put mine on I added diagonal braces from the bottom of the bumper to the top outside ends to prevent that sort of thing from happening. I had to notch the braces for the tires when they stuff but it has never been a problem on mine.
I also reinforced and stiffened up along the bottom edge with angle iron so they would quit getting bent up on the rocks.

I recently ran my truck into a small concrete pole. Little bigger was short and I couldn't see it. My bumper took the force fairly well except it pushed up on the passenger side. It has popped the grill and headlight apart and slightly pushed the light in 1/4". The bumper rose about 1/2" and is preventing me from popping it all back together.
Brainstorming ideas to pull the bumper back down into place and thought maybe a 5000 lb concrete anchor with eyelet come along and a sling? Block the tires and the frame up. Wrap the sling around the bumper and set anchor into my shop floor. Crank it down with come along?

Any other ideas? Could this work?

·
Registered
34 Posts
:saw: did something like this to an old Ford ...strap or possibly chain under a jack, connect chain or strap to bumper , jack up frame .obviously the more vertical the pull the better ,and chain or strap is snug before jacking... it might be possible .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts