TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i mainly wheel snow, deep snow, some mud and maybe rocks once a year. It takes me 3 to 5 hours hwy to get to my snow offroading areas on avg. An hour of that is usually fire road.also my truck is not a daily driver

Im looking at 37x12.50 ish on a 17x8” or 9” wheel

1. 37 mtr k -
very pricey at 400$ ea, measure almost true, are lighter, are tough and I have seen them perform in person.

2. 37 irok radial-
about same price as mtr very good in snow, but soft and will wear twice as fast as mtr. Ive had them before.

3. Milestar patagonia 37
Not sure about these yet but seem to perform on youtube, are light and are half the price of first two but soft and will wear fast

4. Maxxis trep radial 37-
$$$ heavy badass

Ps. I dont buy 37’s that measure less than 36” and i dont buy E rated tires

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Have you thought about the cooper stt Pro?
I ran 3 sets of Goodyear MTR’s over the past 10 years. I always liked them but the price for 37’s seemed to jump up a bit since the last time I bought tires (and I work for Discount Tire, I get a good price regardless).
I decided on the coopers because my price on 40’s was less than 37” Goodyear’s. They’re lighter than most. I think the 37” cooper is 81 vs 75 for the Goodyear. However, great on road manners. I wouldn’t hesitate to jump in my truck and drive 5 hours to go wheeling and would trust my tires no questions asked. Noise level isn’t bad and they work fine offroad.

I don’t understand people buying those dumb Patagonia’s. Your life depends on your tires. I wouldn’t trust anything made in China to keep me and my family safe.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Everything ive read say 37 sst pro’s measure 35.5”
Whats a sst pro 40” measure? I cant fit more than an actual 37”

Edit... google says sst pro 40” is almost true so too big

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually the STT Pros measure in at 36.77. I run them on an 18" wheel on my Tundra and I like that they also come in a 13.50. They've worked great for me in the snow but are a bit noisy on the road. If BFG made the KO2 in a 37-18, that would be my choice for deep snow. I didn't like the old BFG AT's but the new designed side wall is so much better than the old tire. The BFG in a 37x12.50-17 measures 36.5.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for those real world measurements but like the thread title says .... im gunna run 17’s so...

What ive come to learn is tire measurements are only accurate on 8” wide wheels. I need a 17x8” wheel with 3.5 to 3.75 backspacing. This wheel doesn’t exist as far as i can find. A 37” tire with a true height of 36.5” becomes a 35 as the rim gets wider.

Maybe im ocd but i want a 37” tire on a 17x8” wheel that has 3.5 or 3.75 backspacing that weights 100lbs or less and measures no less than 36” tall no more than 37” tall and no less than 12.50” wide

Its also gotta look good and perform

Good look to me!

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Damn that things tall! Look at the DS angle!
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: LMAO

So im really liking these yokohama geolander mt G003 its even pictured with the wheels ill prob end up with method 105 beadlock. 17x9 3.5bs 35lbs.

Thats prob 112lbs balanced. Could knock 10/15 lbs off with a non beadlock wheel
The Yokohama tires are great quality. I researched those some before I got my Coopers. I was doing some reading the other day and found out that Cooper classifies the STT pro as an "all terrain."

What did you end up going with?
I toyed with the idea of the 38x14.50x17 GY MTR but decided that it is way too wide. I figured a 38" tall tire that measured 37.75 or so was better than a 37 that was 36.5. 40x1350 is perfect but due to my stupidity they've already killed a rear ring and pinion. LOL.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can find an extensive selection of wheel and tire bundles from 4wheelonline. Just a piece of advice, try to read reviews about the product before deciding which package to purchase.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts