TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide what black wheels to get when I lift my d-cab 3 in. I have been looking at the American Racing Teflon Mojave wheels and a few companys with painted black wheels with circles NOT the "D" shape. I really like the look of the black circles on a black truck. I was worried about the teflon on the Mojave wheels chipping when I go offroad 8-12 times a year. This is my daily driver so I need something that will continue to look good through snow, rain, and sun. Is it possible to touch-up the teflon wheels with a similar paint? Can anyboady give me some suggestions?

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Give the wheeler's black alloys (wheelers.com) a look. They're powder-coated aluminum. I've only had em a few months, and never taken off road. I'm mostly on the street/DD + trips to the snow. So far they're holding up real nice. They're kinda *too* shiny when they're clean.

Dunnno anything about touching-up teflon. But I suppose if I really bashed a wheel I could get it re-powdercoated?

'Nother option for you might be a 2nd set of "wheelin' wheels"? Lotta ppl here recommended alloys for street, steelies for the trail when I was looking/asking.

cheers,
ryan

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
i have the wheelers black steelies, they're just painted black, so if they get scratched/chipped you can just spray paint them and they're good as new

·
Registered
259 Posts
I got the Black mojave wheels from American Racing on my White TRD 4x4 extra cab w/3" confred lift. They been on for a year now. They look really sweet. (get black stems with chrome lug nuts adds a little accent to the wheels ;-) ) Just note the center caps don't fit on the tacoma's? According to American Racing they were suppose to do a redesign but I doubt that ever happened...but without I think it looks even better. I don't do any real offroading and I live in AZ so not sure about snow but give them a call hopefully they won't preach the "our product is the best so there" and give you a straight up answer on how they deal with snow. Hope that helps

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've had several sets of american racing wheels on various toyota trucks i've had over the years. None of the new teflon ones though. Basically, with the exception of their polished wheels which go to crap with road salt really quick, all the other finishes have held up very well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I really like the Ivan Stewart, but thats just my opinion

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Mojaves look cool but at a price $200.00+. also the center cap will not fit.....Wheelers black alloys look sharp, i have them on my 04 DBL cab..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts