TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright here is my scenario, i have enough $$$ for one or the other. my truck is a 2005 2.7 4x4 standard cab, stock everything with the exception of 265 75 16 tires and an afe drop in filter.

re-gearing is out of the question, so here is my 2 options for my next mod.

LCE exhaust manifold, or lightweight wheels (konig countersteers or SCS f5 wheels)

obviously the manifold will expand the power band and hopefully add something.

the wheels will be a savings of about 10 lbs per wheel and tire combo. doesnt sound like much but i've been told that rotational mass is something like 1lb of reduction will actually feel like 6 or 7 lbs. so in theory the truck would drive like i took 240-280 lbs of weight off of it.

not sure which is the best bang for the buck as far as making the 2.7 underdog a little better to drive.

thoughts?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Sliders

·
Registered
236 Posts
Neither one of those is going to do shit. Sorry, but I said it. It sounds like you really want to do something to your truck just because you can. Get out and wheel your junk, find out what you don't like, and change stock when stock doesn't work for you.

·
wut?
1,466 Posts
No matter what you do,it's going to be a dog with 265 75 16's. Keep saving your money until you can pick up new gears.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Look here. I bought a K&N and a Unichip when I had the cash. I had the bug and wanted something for my truck.

I had never heard of TTORA, PBB or Marlin. I knew no better. I spent $1000.00 on those items. Oh yeah a JET TB spacer too. Another 100:rolleyes:

All wasted, because I did not know any better.

When I found this site I saw superchargers for sale at $1500! Needless to say I spent my money foolishly. Do your research. Ask yourself what you are really after in the long run.

Save, and think first. You'll be sorry if not:2cents:

I could have been supercharged with fuel mods for $2500. Way better!

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
funny.. what has you thinking he'd even use those :confused: :dunno:

Neither one of those is going to do shit. Sorry, but I said it.
you farked up 'da OP's dreams :shame:
what makes ya think he wheels his junk :confused: :dunno:
~better, that you said, than I~ :D

Keep saving your money
Yep, good advice

but the OP might just ignore the lot of ya...

so I'll suggest he buys the wheel's... if he must
that way the ego has something to look at...
while money is saved for next black hole :p

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
alright here is my scenario, i have enough $$$ for one or the other.

Whats your budget? I hate to say it, but they are right. There is not much you can do to make your truck stronger short of Boost, Gears, or both. I have the older version of your engine (3rz). I have the LCE header, and Magnaflow Exhaust. I bought the header because I didnt know Toyota made a "mini" header and my stock manifold was cracked. I got the Magnaflow muffler because I was in high school and everyone had some sort of exhaust, and stock wasnt cool.... I didnt see ANY HP, or MPG gains. Just alot more noise. Now that im older (24) I dont enjoy the extra noise, and kinda wish I would have save my money....

If you are dead set on either wheels or exhaust I would go wheels... atleast the lighter wheels will be easier to stop....

·
Registered
337 Posts
Gears, Supercharger, Buy a muscle car if you want to go fast...

"but that's not what I asked!" - OP

BECAUSE FUCK YOU! THAT'S WHY! :2cents:

GIT ON IT YA'LL! :welder: :saw:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts