TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I need your help once again what is everyone running for brake rotors? I drive a 95 pickup moderate offroading "1 or 2 times a week" water, mud, sand :). Are stock from autozone, napa ok or should they be from Toyota or maybe some slotted or cross drilled? what would I be happy with. I was thinkining that was kinda one of those things just to be replaced they brakes kick ass but a while bacl i lost a pad and it scored the rotor pretty bad and needs replacing.

Thanks again.

Aaorn

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would recommend staying away from the Napa or Autozone replacements. Brembo is a good choice for brake rotors, and I believe that's what the dealer would stock. You might also be able to find them at Import specialty parts stores.

Mine are starting to warp from getting thin, and I intend to pay a little more and get Brembos.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyidea what they run, whats so special about them? I have a hookup at the local Toyota Dealer parts so I was curious what retail ran?

Aaron

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
xcmountain80 said:
anyidea what they run, whats so special about them? I have a hookup at the local Toyota Dealer parts so I was curious what retail ran?

Aaron
I am looking for the same thing. I think that the factory replacement brembos are $57 a piece at tire rack. Make sure to get some good pads also.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
mu truck is more of a street queen but i'm running slotted and drilled brembo rotors with the performance friction pads. no complaints after 6k miles

·
Registered
2,193 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
I would stay away from any "white box" rotors, typically from china. I bought a set of these for my 89 plow truck, and they warped within a month. That was in the summer without the plow on, and I hardly ever stand on the brakes in that truck. Brembo makes a good rotor, as does ATE, zimmerman, balo, etc. If it were me and I couldn't find a brand I was comfortable with, I would likely buy from the dealer. Better to do the job once than do it 2-3 times with crappy parts. Toyota pads are very reasonable too.

·
Registered
503 Posts
xcmountain80 said:
Ok guys I need your help once again what is everyone running for brake rotors? I drive a 95 pickup moderate offroading "1 or 2 times a week" water, mud, sand :). Are stock from autozone, napa ok or should they be from Toyota or maybe some slotted or cross drilled? what would I be happy with. I was thinkining that was kinda one of those things just to be replaced they brakes kick ass but a while bacl i lost a pad and it scored the rotor pretty bad and needs replacing.

Thanks again.

Aaorn

I would second the staying away from autozone. I put them on my truck and it took 2 trips to the autoparts store to get a set that wasn't alredy warped. The parts guy (who is usually pretty cool) said he never had that happen before. So when we did my buddies truck he went to autozone also and had to go through 4 sets before we got a set that wasnt warped. One set we sat down on the bench and you could see the crown in them.

Later,

Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts