TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed my truck vibrating like crazy on my way home from deer hunting and when I pulled over I noticed that I only have 1 of the 4 bolts in that holds the drive shaft flanges together. After I thanked God for getting me home safely I left the truck where it is and came to ask you guys where I can get those bolts at? I greatly appreciate any leads you all have. Thanks in advance for the help. BTW to prevent flaming I did a search on this in newbie tech and did not get anything so this may be the dumbest question in the section.

Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gracias, I was hopin that there was a heavy duty app so this doesn't happen again. I did not put these ones in and if they are orig. then they did a good job @ almost 200k

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
The stock ones are fine, just use loctite.

If you dont want to use use locktite, jsut tighten every oil change.

·
<null>
1,805 Posts
You can also get them from Trail-Gear, MarlinCrawler or All Pro. Probably cheaper than the dealer.

Of all the bolts on the truck, I think they are the most expensive.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
FYI, the toyota DS bolts are of a very high grade of bolt Metric 11 I believe... I always just torque the hell out of them and have NEVER had an issue of them coming loose, even after being rounded off by rocks... getting them off after that is fun, but I'm not worried about the bolts giving up the ghost due to being loose.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
CHRINTHEDESTROYER said:
Interesting, did yours have the green loctite on em?
yeah. All of them do.

Check ebay for them, I picked up 16 bolts/washers/nuts for $10 shipped.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts