TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I did a search for this topic and came up empty so forgive me if this is worn out, but what is the best gps for the money.
I want somthing that I can upload topo maps to, but is still straightforward, all that stuff.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Zintradi said:
Well, I did a search for this topic and came up empty so forgive me if this is worn out, but what is the best gps for the money.
I want somthing that I can upload topo maps to, but is still straightforward, all that stuff.
http://gpsinformation.net/

I still haven't figured out which one to get but this is helping.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Zintradi said:
Garmin Vista.
You can even get it in color now, Garmin Vista-C.
You have to use garmin's propritary software for the topo maps, but they are bases on USGS maps, so they are accurate.

Look to spend $250 for the greyscale vista, $350 for the color, and $100 for the topo software. Also the color GPS's batteries last longer thatn the greyscale...20 hours vs 15 pre set (2 AA).

·
Deal Master
2,773 Posts
Zintradi said:
sent you an email-
I will be selling my Garmin Etrex Vista w/ accessories
-I can throw in a copy of mapsource too.

GrillmasterP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
grillmasterp
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing