TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a CB for my truck, but I'm not sure which is the best kind? It can't be too big, cause I'll probably mount it under my aftermarket CD player, but aside from that, I'm not too picky. just looking for suggestions...

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
one that works! :p

antenna is more important than the radio. get a small cobra 19 or uniden 40 something. one that fits where you want it and spend the $ on a nice antenna. like a wilson 500 or something better.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Re: CB

There are some different options you can go with. I agree with the sentiment that the antenna is most important. I got a small Radio Shack model that I was able to fit into the coin pocket under my stereo head unit. I have a magnet mount antenna. It works great for club runs. Uniden even has a smaller model that some guys are installing in the ashtray slot. Do a search, there are even pics.;)

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I've got the RadioShack mini model hooked up to a firestik fiberglass antenna. the CB fits where the ash tray used to be, and everything works great. i think i got the CB for 50 and the antenna for somewhere around that as well. Good Luck!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Another one for the Cobra WX 18 ST II, I think that it looks nice and it was really easy to put in too. I just needed a 90 degree coax connector for the back of the unit.

·
Registered
62 Posts
How hard was this install? This is how I want to do mine. Do you have any details on the install?
Another one for the Cobra WX 18 ST II, I think that it looks nice and it was really easy to put in too. I just needed a 90 degree coax connector for the back of the unit.

·
Registered
80 Posts
99TRDTaco, The install was pretty easy; all I did was get some double sided 3M VHB Tape to hold the CD player and CB together. Then I took some big zip ties and put them around the whole thing to help support the CB better. Most of the weight is on the zip ties so the tape's only really job it to keep the unit from sliding around. On the back of the CB you need a 90 degree coax connector like this so the unit will slide all the way in. So far this set-up has held up great and I hope that helps.

·
Registered
62 Posts
99TRDTaco, The install was pretty easy; all I did was get some double sided 3M VHB Tape to hold the CD player and CB together. Then I took some big zip ties and put them around the whole thing to help support the CB better. Most of the weight is on the zip ties so the tape's only really job it to keep the unit from sliding around. On the back of the CB you need a 90 degree coax connector like this so the unit will slide all the way in. So far this set-up has held up great and I hope that helps.
Thank you.

·
Registered
641 Posts
i've got a uniden with a firestik 2 5'? whip. a uniden wouldn't work very well for you because the speaker is on the top of the radio but it does have an audio out on the back of it so you could hook it up to your cd player if you have an aux input on it.

·
Registered
641 Posts
swr= standing wave ratio meter

how much did you pay for the swr?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts