TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2001 tacoma w/TRD off road package. I want to put some 33" tires on it and do some light 4x4. I wanted some feedback on what anyone thought would be the best lift (body, suspension or combination) to get without effecting the stock ride quality. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
587 Posts
:banghead:

edit: try the search function

just cuz i'm feeling nice. You can run a 33x10 with 3 inches of lift and beating on the pinch weld. The best lift is Donahoe coilovers for the front and i've heard that their rear shocks are good as well. Bilstein also makes good shocks for the rear of the tacoma so have a look there. Deaver or Alcan make the best leaf packs for our trucks and OME also makes some good stuff. If thats too expensive either get the deaver add a pack which is 3 leafs or the alcan AAL which is supposed to ride well for an AAL.

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
get a sawzall-and trim to fit.
who needs lift?

·
Registered
427 Posts
:D :rolleyes: i love my hockey puck lift .. made my truck close to 12" taller and it now handles like a ferrari its unreal im going to have to say its the best lift you cna buy and it was free..
just go walk around your local out door hockey rink and your good

·
Registered
401 Posts
well to run 33''s ull need about 10'' suspension and 3'' body...cardboard is a good option for the body. Then you'll need somebody to do some fucked up welding job to make sure the birds can't fly under your truck. You might be able to clear 33''s after that. If not then the pinch weld mod will help alot.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
get a couple 3 inch body lifts and stack them. and a couple fabtech drop brackets (stacked of course) and then a 12 inch block in the back. thats pretty much the best setup . everyone is doing that around here. then you can run 49" boggers and just get a chip and you wont need to regear

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
14 Participants
CadetLee
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing