TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend wants to lift his 90 Toy pickup. Any recommendations on lifts? He wants 4-6" without doing a body lift.

·
Registered
787 Posts
SteveO said:
A friend wants to lift his 90 Toy pickup. Any recommendations on lifts? He wants 4-6" without doing a body lift.
There are very few drop bracket kits for them. But I think that there is a 4 inch kit for it. Maybe a procomp if I am not mistaken. Pretty pricy though, runs the same as ours do. Has he thought about a SAS? It would run about the same once you figured in gears and everything if you could get your hands on a good axle.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The front can be lifted by cranking the torsion bars no more than 1.5" depending on what the stock rim to fender height is. I was checking this on my old truck by jacking up the front and the upper control arms were almost resting on the droop stops at 1.5" of lift which is bad. The older truck's suspension geometry is different from the Tacomas. Cranking the torsion bars gives a stiffer ride and less flex, and ball joint spacers shouldn't do either of those, but you have to grind the upper control arms to install them. The drop bracket kits run about $650 for the 4" stage 1 procomp and up. The Superlift is about $100-200 more, but has one piece bracketry.

·
Registered
126 Posts
SteveO said:
I know Superlift has a 4" kit. A couple of my friends have pre-tacos and are running that lift. It's a pretty good kit. Pro-comp, Trailmaster, Tuff Country also make 4" suspension lifts too. The prices are also cheaper than a Tacoma kit.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,485 Posts
Everybody I know with the older toys recommend the Superlift kit. Most will recommend you avoid the Procomp lift.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies, has anyone had any experience with specific kits? Anything to look out for like the Trailmaster strut etc. Thanks. ....Steve

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
SteveO said:

Have him look into Superlift for a decent drop bracket kit. They never got into the Tacoma Market but they are quite popular with the Pre-Taco guys in my area.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bryanccfshr said:
Have him look into Superlift for a decent drop bracket kit. They never got into the Tacoma Market but they are quite popular with the Pre-Taco guys in my area.
I'll pass on the info, thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just had to post in the new forum, although I really dislike VBB. :rolleyes:

I've been running the Pro Comp 4" lift on my old 'Yota for over 3 years now with absolutely NO issues with it, except rear blocks suck, so I do have Skyjacker 4" lift springs installed in there now, & so do the PC shocks that come with it (got Bilsteins). Might want to change out the steering stabilizer to something other than OEM. At least to me, all the available lifts for our earlier 'Yotas are pretty much the same...Skyjacker, PC, Trailmaster, Superlift, etc. Cranking the torsion bars won't give you much lift if you're looking for 4-6".

Just my .02 cents...yep, really had to try the new board here.

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
MuddinMama said:

Blah Blah blah, Glad to see ya posting ! :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Bryanccfshr said:
Blah Blah blah, Glad to see ya posting ! :)
Just answering the actual question, smartass. LOL!!!!! Play nice now. :rolleyes:

IMHO, I find VBB's annoying. Not that I like Delphi as an entity, I just prefer their format & still moderate 3 boards there. Easier to navigate for us oldsters. :D

·
Registered
892 Posts
MuddinMama said:

I've been running the Pro Comp 4" lift on my old 'Yota for over 3 years now with absolutely NO issues with it, except rear blocks suck, so I do have Skyjacker 4" lift springs installed in there now, & so do the PC shocks that come with it (got Bilsteins). Might want to change out the steering stabilizer to something other than OEM. At least to me, all the available lifts for our earlier 'Yotas are pretty much the same...Skyjacker, PC, Trailmaster, Superlift, etc. Cranking the torsion bars won't give you much lift if you're looking for 4-6".

Will you just SAS that thing and get it over with....
:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Janster said:
Will you just SAS that thing and get it over with....
:D
Yeah, that would be sweet now, wouldn't it. No time, no $$$. :(

I've just coughed up over $2K in the past 4 months to get started in real estate (school, license, membership dues, advertising, etc.). One thing's for sure - I won't be hauling any clients around in my truck...well, unless of course, they're shorter than 5' & like mud. Hahaha. :cool:

Haven't sold the Taco yet?

·
Registered
47 Posts
sas it. sas it. sas it. sas it. sas....it

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
TRDKEAU said:
Total Chaos Gen 2 caddy kit with all the fixins!!
He's cheap and just doing it for looks. He's leaning towards a body lift now I think. Thanks. ....Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
Interesting. That fringe firm Northwest Off-Road shit-talks everything else BUT the Pro-Comp IFS lift, putting it on a pedistal. I delt with NWOR once, and I'll never, ever, ever have anything to do with it ever again.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts