TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah I realize this kinda a newb question but bare with me. I have a friend that just bought one and wants to put a 6 inch lift on it but also wants to use it for towing his 23ft toyhauler. I myself have a SAS Tacoma and dont pay much attention to these kinda trucks anymore but want to help him. I always try and steer clear of the crappy mass produced lifts and want to know which ones these days are any good for his application. Sorry for the dumb question but any help would be great.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Op, If your buddy doesn't plan on wheeling it very hard, which I doubt he does, then a drop bracket lift will be fine, and will help him clear some bigger tires without going to a body lift

·
Registered
444 Posts
As others have said... Depends on why he wants the lift - form or function.

Tell him to spend some time over on tundrasolutions.com - He'll find loads of info there. I think he'd be surprised at how high a Gen2 can be with only 3" of lift and appropriately matched rims and tires.

·
Registered
787 Posts
If he's going to tow with it tell him the OME heavy duty kit works well. Thats what I have on my 08 that I tow my tacoma with on a 20 ft car hauler. Rides nice, fits 35s

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses, I realize drop bracket lifts suck for any real offroading but doubt he will be using it for anything more than looks. I agree that a 3 inch suspension is probably the best way to go for ride quality and will try to convince him of this route.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Thanks for the responses, I realize drop bracket lifts suck for any real offroading but doubt he will be using it for anything more than looks. I agree that a 3 inch suspension is probably the best way to go for ride quality and will try to convince him of this route.
Good man, otherwise he should check out Tundrasolutions for more of a 'cosmetic' lift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts