TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
look at OME lifts. They are well liked on the site. Great prices also

correct me if i'm wrong, but isnt the best OME lift for his ext cab tthe OME 882?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
do you feel the heat?:flamethro best to use the search function first. Just my :2cents:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Searching would be your best option, as this has been discussed many times.

Products are available from a wide range of companies including OME (Old Man Emu), Toytec, Rough Country, and coilovers from Donahoe Racing, Camburg, and SAW (Sway A Way).

It really depends on what direction you want to go with your build.

The Newbie Tech folder has all the answers you seek and the "search" button works extremely well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Searching would be your best option, as this has been discussed many times.

Products are available from a wide range of companies including OME (Old Man Emu), Toytec, Rough Country, and coilovers from Donahoe Racing, Camburg, and SAW (Sway A Way).

It really depends on what direction you want to go with your build.

The Newbie Tech folder has all the answers you seek and the "search" button works extremely well.
Thats funny i thought the hole idea of this sight was so you could ask questions and get answers or better ideas, not get crap for posting a thread AFTER i used the search key

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Thats what i thought too especially since this is newbie tech. Just my :2cents:

·
Registered
219 Posts
just go with some hoes and camburg uca's from wheelers

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
if i were to do it again i'd get OME.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Thats funny i thought the hole idea of this sight was so you could ask questions and get answers or better ideas, not get crap for posting a thread AFTER i used the search key
That is the point of this sight, AFTER you search, or for questions and topics that haven't been covered yet. You obviously didn't search thoroughly, or not at all.

Thats what i thought too especially since this is newbie tech. Just my :2cents:
As for the Newbie folder, it's "flame free", it doesn't mean you can be a lazy F*** and ask stupid shit that has already been discussed.

Now I know what everyone was pissed about when I was a newbie :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Fuck off with the flaming him for asking a question in the noobie folder. It was made so some you "vets" who dont feel like dealing with the noobie questions in the other folders, dont have to. If you dont like noobie questions, why open the noobie section?

Now, as a couple people said, OME seems to be the best bang for your buck. Its a complete replacement for your stock springs/struts, rather than a spacer stuff onto like the toytec. You WILL want to get both new shocks and struts.

In the back, the best bang for your buck would be a shackle lift. Basically you put a longer shackle between your frame and your leafs, lifting the truck up HALF THE LONGER LENGTH OF THE SHACKLE. So a shackle 2" longer than the stock shackle will lift your truck up 1" in the rear. Because you are going to be lifting your rear 1-2.5 inches, you will also need to replace the rear struts. Bilstein makes a great set that drop right in. I dont know the part number, but a quick search will get you the answers.

Try here..
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/9504tacoma.htm

Demello is also a great guy to deal with. Thats where I got my Donahoes and everything was great.

If you do lift the rear, you will need to adjust the BRAKE PROPORTIONING VALVE. Its easy to do. You just need to drill 4 holes and make a simple bracket. A quick search will also be needed here as im on the laptop and how no bookmarks.

·
Registered
483 Posts
ok guys whats the best cb radio i can get for my buck? im looking to spend about 10-15 dollars. i cant wait to hear your answers!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
It's a good solution if you run trails, affordable, and quiet :) Sucks they aren't adjustable though, then again, i never adjust my hoes, haha.

ARB is a standup company as well, then again, i have no complaints on my donahoes either.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok guys whats the best cb radio i can get for my buck? im looking to spend about 10-15 dollars. i cant wait to hear your answers!
This supposed to be funny:confused: well i got the answer i needed by asking the question i asked even though i got a bunch of responds from people that think they know it all.

WELL anyway THANK YOU to every one that took my question seriously you have made my desition to go from the demello to the emu.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
15 bucks... getcha one of these, just yell out the window...;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.