TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my 10-14 year old Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's , and they are no longer sold for my 31 inch wheels.

What is the best mud tire to replace them with for best off-road performance and puncture resistance?

I only drive about 1000 miles a year, so tread wear is not an issue.

After these criteria, handling on wet asphalt and on road braking capability would be the next most important .criteria.

What about BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 as a substitute?

Thanks for your help
Paul

· Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
22,486 Posts
Do you know what options are available for the size you need? Nothing wrong with the BFG tires. They are a bit more noisy than others and I personally thing they don't shed mud as well as the MTRs, so you might consider some other options.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should have added that almost all of my off road travel is in the Southern California desert or mountains. I very rarely encounter mud. Its Mostly rocks, gravel, and sand. Very rarely rain or snow.

· Registered
1 Posts
I would stay away from the Duratracs. Soft sidewalls prone to slicing and punctures. Lots of this is noted on various forums such as Ih8mud. My brother lost three on a single 7 day hunting trip. Lost a day in the woods for travel to get new tires installed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts