TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll confess...having thoughts of getting myself back into a Tacoma. Never bought a *new* one before and I've done some searching but I'm sooooooo damn (pardon) confused about all the packages and what-comes-with what and what packages you need with this-that-and- the other thing.

Where's the best place to go to break it down?

I'm interested in the access cab, 4.0L, 6-speed manual.... Perhaps someone has a FULLY LOADED one that can give me the details on what it has? Or atleast a link that explains it nicely.

Would a fully loaded Tacoma have TRD locker or limited slip?
I don't necessarily need the TRD package but would like to atleast have the limited slip.

All the trucks have ABS and EBD? Is it worth getting VSC? (but then again, it probably comes with some other option I want anyway)

Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
The fully loaded looks like it is the TRD package at least it costs the most. :D

Toyota's website it looks like the limited Slip is an option in 2 packages that are non TRD and one that is standard in the TRD Sport package. The electronic locker is available in the TRD Offroad package.

I never saw anything about the VSC so I don't know what it is.

But there are a few guys on here with the new 07's so maybe one of them will see this.

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
Janster said:
Would a fully loaded Tacoma have TRD locker or limited slip?
I don't necessarily need the TRD package but would like to atleast have the limited slip.

....Janster in the Newbie Section ;)
Depends on the config of the truck but keep in mind the difference between the TRD-offroad vs. TRD-sport packages.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Also bear in mind that the Toyota factory literature is referring to *2* different 'LSD' features. One is a traditional mechanical limited-slip differential (e.g., on the X-Runner). The other is their 'electronic LSD' (IMHO a poor / misleading choice of labels), which refers to a traction control feature using the brakes (not the drivetrain) to limit relative 'slip' between wheels.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EnolaGaia said:
Also bear in mind that the Toyota factory literature is referring to *2* different 'LSD' features. One is a traditional mechanical limited-slip differential (e.g., on the X-Runner). The other is their 'electronic LSD' (IMHO a poor / misleading choice of labels), which refers to a traction control feature using the brakes (not the drivetrain) to limit relative 'slip' between wheels.
Yeah..tell me about it. That's why it's so confusing.

I definately want atleast the mechanical LSD - not necessarily the full locker in the TRD Offroad package. Hmm..will have to look up the TRD sport package a bit. Not familiar with that one.

I was assuming (with my limited research I have) between the ABS and the EBD (I think that stands for Electronic Brake distribution) - which is what they might be calling the electronic LSD?

I think the VSC system is also a part of the ABS/EBD that helps you control during extreme maneauvers but ...who knows what the Toyota variaty is.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys!

Looks like the TRD Sport is looking more and more like an option I'd want. It has a bunch of the stuff I'm looking for. Although I still have questions about other things.

We'll probably run out and look at some today - because I've never even seen one upclose & personal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts