TTORA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the the cheap alarm mod from CustTacos done for a while and I ordered the LED to complete the process, where is the best place to put this LED? and any other things that anyone would like to tell me about doing this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i just ordered 4 leds to compliment the one that came with my viper alarm. i am going to put 1 near the lock on each door, right by the window, and then 1 at the rear sliding window and 1 on windshield near the vent. I figure this is the best way to let somebody know there is an alarm. sort of a super theft deterent. overkill? yes, but if that 1$ ends up saving me any money in the end then its worth it.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
XxRODERIGOxX said:
i just ordered 4 leds to compliment the one that came with my viper alarm. i am going to put 1 near the lock on each door, right by the window, and then 1 at the rear sliding window and 1 on windshield near the vent. I figure this is the best way to let somebody know there is an alarm. sort of a super theft deterent. overkill? yes, but if that 1$ ends up saving me any money in the end then its worth it.
true, i just did some research and take a look...
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/681683/3

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Don't go overboard with LED's. A lot of times it ends up looking like you were too cheap to buy an alarm and just put 4 LED's on each door instead. They still might get scared off by the alarm, but not before they smashed your window.

·
Registered
43 Posts
mudferret said:
Don't go overboard with LED's. A lot of times it ends up looking like you were too cheap to buy an alarm and just put 4 LED's on each door instead. They still might get scared off by the alarm, but not before they smashed your window.
ehh.. ill at least do one at each door. maybe not the other 2. lol. maybe i will stick those other 2 leds into the grill or corner lights.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'll do that, heck i might even spurge on an actual system, any thoughts on Viper systems...i've taken a look at some of them and they look pretty nice...remote start, two way remote, etc.

·
Registered
43 Posts
themariachi said:
i'll do that, heck i might even spurge on an actual system, any thoughts on Viper systems...i've taken a look at some of them and they look pretty nice...remote start, two way remote, etc.
i have the viper 350hv. no remote start, but i have a manual that i leave in gear so i dont need it. real simple alarm but good quality shock sensors, really bright blue led. Im very happy with it. One of the vipers comes with a little screen on ur pod that pages you when the alarm is going off, and tells you what area of the car was disturbed. IE passenger Door open. Thats an expensive system though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hopefully this is not breaking any ttora rules here re cross-posting to a different forum...if so, let me know and i'll delete this thread

somewhat related to the topic that went a little off topic, i've started a group buy on the commando 870 alarm system that many yotatech members have installed in their 4runners and also enthusiastically endorsed. its a two-way paging-type system that also has the much desired remote start system. it has great programming features too. best of all, the install is very straight forward and the company's best tech (ryan) is very helpful and attentive to install issues. check out the thread here: http://yotatech.com/showthread.php?t=50696&page=1&pp=30&highlight=commando

its only going for $124 + $8 shipping. for cars with immobilizers, you will need to buy an additional module.

bob

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
XxRODERIGOxX said:
i have the viper 350hv. no remote start, but i have a manual that i leave in gear so i dont need it. real simple alarm but good quality shock sensors, really bright blue led. Im very happy with it. One of the vipers comes with a little screen on ur pod that pages you when the alarm is going off, and tells you what area of the car was disturbed. IE passenger Door open. Thats an expensive system though.
was it an easy install?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts