TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this club but glad i found it because i need some idea's for my 04 tacoma V6 4x4 5-speed. I want to get the 6" fabtech lift, 315/75R/16 tires (dont care what brand as long as they are cheap), and 16" weld scorpio rims. This is what i want just wandering if anyone knows a good place to get any if not all of it for a decent price, i read most of your posts about the lift and checked out the for sale section of this club but found none. I did find the lift but it all seems to range from $1700 - $1900. If anyone knows were to get it cheaper please drop a line. Any ideas for the other things too would be greatly appreciated, for example if i need a body lift or what gears should i get. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
you really can't find any thing cheaper prices for those drop down bracket lifts unless they are used....
um.. check tirerack.com..
i mean if you want cheap tires...just look around in tirerack.com and other online shops like that....since you just want cheap tires...

4.56 gear or 4.88

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info ill look around there for the tires and ill check out those gears as well... you say cheap tires like its a bad thing..lol...i was thinking super swamper iroq's or SSR radials....have a better idea?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have a suggestion.. just a little enlightenment on the lift subject so don't think I'm steering you in a different direction but...

If you go with a revtek 3 inch lift, that'll come with a 3 inch spacer for the front coil and a 3 inch block for the rear, and shocks of your choice... I know, I know, blocks are bad, blocks are the enemy, but if you're really keen on keepin it cheap, Block is the way to go.

That whole 3 inch set up ranges to about 500 dollars. Now that you have the revtek fitted, you can go with a larger front coil (roughly 2 inches) and keep a pretty solid factory ride. Coils range to about 250. Buy some 2 inch shackles for the rear (40 bucks for a pair) and wa-la, your rig has a pretty stand-up 5 inch lift.All together thats what...800 bucks? 1200 saved for some REAL perrrty 33" BFG mud terrains and your scorpio wheels you want...

Just a little input from my direction.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$600 up too $1200 if they are worth it.....i want the weld scorpio 16x10's and thier expensive so trying to keep the tires down a notch for now.

·
Registered
360 Posts
check out american tire. im going to get some 295/75/16 bfg ats for 177 a piece. 315/75/16 are like 5 dollars more. i would recommend bfgs/ good years (wranglers) bc they have positive feedback, and the tread wear on them are great. the tires i currently run n my truck are 285/75 (a little over 32") and they have lasted me over 50000miles and i can still go more, but i want to get bigger tires. my opinion, get tires that wont bit you in the ass

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
redoh3, for the lift you suggested is it really worth the money?...i mean will it last as long as the fabtech would?....this is the first truck ive owned and lifted for that matter so i really dont know sh!t about lifts. i just know suspension lifts are usually the way to go and like i said im want 315/75R/16 tires...(35's)...so what would i have to do with your 5" inches of lift?...and a 2-3" bodylift as well?..thanks offroeadtaco ill check out that place for the tires...anywhere anyone know a cheap place to get the weld's?..lol..i know i know i want weld im gonna have to pay for them right!

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
check sportztrailers.com for anything you need if they don't have it they can get it.Best prices i've found for anything.
Later Joe

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
RedOh3 said:
I have a suggestion.. just a little enlightenment on the lift subject so don't think I'm steering you in a different direction but...If you go with a revtek 3 inch lift, that'll come with a 3 inch spacer for the front coil and a 3 inch block for the rear, and shocks of your choice... I know, I know, blocks are bad, blocks are the enemy, but if you're really keen on keepin it cheap, Block is the way to go.That whole 3 inch set up ranges to about 500 dollars. Now that you have the revtek fitted, you can go with a larger front coil (roughly 2 inches) and keep a pretty solid factory ride. Coils range to about 250. Buy some 2 inch shackles for the rear (40 bucks for a pair) and wa-la, your rig has a pretty stand-up 5 inch lift.All together thats what...800 bucks? 1200 saved for some REAL perrrty 33" BFG mud terrains and your scorpio wheels you want...
Dude, save your fucking input until you know what the fuck you're talking about. You cannot combine the Revtek lift and lift coils to get 5" of lift!!!!!!!!!! You obviously have no fucking clue, so why not shut the fuck up until you do? The last thing this board needs is more misinformation.

For the benefit of everyone here, spend more time reading & jerking off and less time posting, please.

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
RedOh3 said:
If you go with a revtek 3 inch lift, that'll come with a 3 inch spacer for the front coil and a 3 inch block for the rear, and shocks of your choice... I know, I know, blocks are bad, blocks are the enemy, but if you're really keen on keepin it cheap, Block is the way to go.

That whole 3 inch set up ranges to about 500 dollars. Now that you have the revtek fitted, you can go with a larger front coil (roughly 2 inches) and keep a pretty solid factory ride. Coils range to about 250. Buy some 2 inch shackles for the rear (40 bucks for a pair) and wa-la, your rig has a pretty stand-up 5 inch lift.All together thats what...800 bucks? 1200 saved for some REAL perrrty 33" BFG mud terrains and your scorpio wheels you want...

Please keep your input to yourself... Try reading and researching before you go spouting your n00b "knowledge"

(didn't mean to sound like an echo...)

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
I haven't seen prices in a while, but those seem about right. Go with anyone but 4Wheel Parts. They are con artists. If Central 4WD or Summit Racing sells the lift, I'd recommend either of those. As for tires and wheels, that's your call. See if anyone will price match Tire Rack.

·
Registered
360 Posts
hey man one more thing, lift and big tires will get you on mpg. lift=wind resistance, big tires will hurt you gears. upgrade your gears to at leats 4.56 for 35's then you wont lose that much mpg. also you might need more power in you engine. if you budget is tight consider the deckplate mod (see cheap tricks last page).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks opposite boy and offroad, what am i looking at for the gears? (price)
and a good place to get them?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was thinking of getting a Fabtech as well. I have read and heard good and bads. With the Fabtech, You'd need to cut the cross member and still be running IFS. IMO if my truck was my Daily Driver I would just get a set of coil overs and a leaf pack to get 2-3 inches of lift and run 32's maybe 33's. I seen a truck with this set up and looks pretty nice. And if you want bullet proof, do a SAS. This involves a lot of work thou and cutting out the entire IFS. Not too familiar with SAS since I haven't done this my self yet but its in the works. It also all depends on what you want to do with you truck.

·
Registered
172 Posts
randy's r&p

http://www.ringpinion.com

$486 + shipping for the gears and master install kits. plan on another $400-$500 for labor depending on where you are...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts