TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking 4 Best Rear Shocks

i'm lookin' for the best rear shocks (by opinion of course) for my tacoma. it doesn't have a lift. and i don't think i'll be lifting the rear right now.

·
Registered
947 Posts
midnight rider said:
i'm lookin' for the best rear shocks (by opinion of course) for my tacoma. it doesn't have a lift. and i don't think i'll be lifting the rear right now.
I like search shocks the best. They are very nice.... Honestly, its all opinion. I hate Rancho, some like them. I like OME, some don't, I am 50/50 on Bilsteins, some sleep with them. All opinions and all different. I would try some Bilsteins, but then again, they will cost you. If all you do is cruise the highway, just get some cheap ones at Sears.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my wife drives it, but i use it for wheeling. to be honest it sees more on-road than off-road (90%-10%). i try to hit the trails once every month or two.

·
Registered
947 Posts
midnight rider said:
my wife drives it, but i use it for wheeling. to be honest it sees more on-road than off-road (90%-10%). i try to hit the trails once every month or two.
If it were me, I would just go with some cheaper style shocks. However, if you have the extra cash, the bilsteins would work great. They are good both on and off, and will last a long long time with 90-10 use.

"search shocks" was a joke. You can search and find 100 different answers. This would come up more often than not. (bil's that is).

·
Registered
32 Posts
I replaced my stocks with Skyjacker Hydros. They're decent and only $35 a piece with boots from Performance Products. com. They work fine for daily driving and occasional off road. Haven't tested them with a heavy load though.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I have the Donahoe Remote resivoirs and love them awesome in all terrains especially when all four are off the ground but they are 199$ each but if you want to play you got to pay

·
Registered
473 Posts
yeah

I've had cheap-o Pro-Comp 3000's on my previous two trucks. They run around $35 a piece if Im not mistaken. I now have Bilstien 5100's and couldn't be happier. The offroad ride is great, but they also win hands down on the road. You don't want to skimp on your shocks, you'll regret it time and time again.
-Dan
________
bho hash oil

·
Registered
348 Posts
You said you were looking for opinions on the best - here is mine:

Donahoe Racing Remote Res

I would be surprised if anyone who has ever owned or ridden in a truck with these installed wouldn't agree. Pricey, but they are one of the best.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
mountainpete said:
You said you were looking for opinions on the best - here is mine:

Donahoe Racing Remote Res

I would be surprised if anyone who has ever owned or ridden in a truck with these installed wouldn't agree. Pricey, but they are one of the best.

thats what i roll on they are the best

·
Registered
319 Posts
Old Man Emu shocks are the best IMO...love them! Ride amazing, but are some what pricey!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
DavidTaylor9
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing