TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some seat covers for my tacoma with sport seats. My truck is 1 year old, and has 19k.. My driver seat cloth/webbing (whatever the hell it is) is starting to frey or get the case of the fuzzys.. I kinda get in and out of it alot for work, (construction) and dont wanna get the seats dirty aswell..
I think seat covers are cheesy and look like a$$, but what does one do?

So,,,, The only seat covers I have seen pictures of I like, is the factory toyota ones.. But for $150.00 that is kinda costy. Does anyone have them and are they worth the price? Do they fit good?

also, any good looking alternatives that have a better price, good look, and good fit?

I dont want some cheap looking garbage that moves around and completely sucks..

Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
217 Posts
http://www.wetokole.com/ nuff said. if you do a search for wet okole on this site you will come up with some good reviews.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Wet Okoles are expensive, but they're nice. The OEM seat covers will be the next best option. I have em, and they fit great, and don't move at all. I think my CarDomain has a picture of them installed on my seats.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Wet Okole is the best IMO, but they aren't cheap.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I love my OEM seat covers and if I were you, that's where I would spend my money. But don't listen to me, because I probably waste a lot of money because I beleive in not wasting your money on cheap alternatives. I can't afford to be cheap, if I buy it right once I won't have to spend my money twice.

·
Registered
852 Posts
X2. Wet Okole is definitely the way to go, AS LONG AS you don't mind the cost. They're about $250 a set (front or rear). I just got mine put in last week, and they are thus far pretty awesome. Went to North Shore today and didn't have to change or dry off before I got in the truck, which is a nice change! (Not that dropping trou in the parking lot isn't a blast, and all... ha ha.)

Their customer service is great, too. I ordered my seats in-person in their Honolulu store, then called them about 5 minutes after I left telling them I wanted to add pockets to the back of them. When they were ready for pick-up, I was paying for them, and they hadn't added in the $40 for the seat pockets. The guy said it was no biggie, and I got 'em for free.

Here are some pics:

-Radar

·
Registered
892 Posts
Anyone have pictures of the OEM covers?

Wet Okales are nice - but I personally don't like the feel of the Neoprene. We have a set on our Jeep - which is perfect for being waterproof when the top is down.

Thanks a bunch for the info!

·
Registered
375 Posts
sorry no pics...but the trd covers are worth the money. they fit well, look like factory option. had mine since 2nd day w/truck...very pleased.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Are the wet okoles like wet suit material? How are they for sweaty back syndrome? Do they wash up nice? What about the factory covers... are they neoprene too?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Wet okoles are neoprene and waterproof. You can wash them with either a mild detergent or the company's own cleanser right on the seat (no removal required). Since they're neoprene, they give a bit of extra padding to the seat, which I think is pretty nice. Not sure how they hold up to sweaty back, but, since they're neoprene, they're a) made to get wet, and b) made to be cleaned. (People sweat in wetsuits, rigth?)

Hope this helps!

-Radar

·
Registered
883 Posts
are the toyota oem seat covers neoprene? how much more or less are they from okole?

·
Registered
92 Posts
the oem seat covers suck ass because they only have neoprene on the sides and the middle part of them are plastic that smells like total crap. They are not worth the money just get the okole you will be much happier. I definately would have been.

·
Registered
779 Posts
wradar said:
Wet okoles are neoprene and waterproof. You can wash them with either a mild detergent or the company's own cleanser right on the seat (no removal required). Since they're neoprene, they give a bit of extra padding to the seat, which I think is pretty nice. Not sure how they hold up to sweaty back, but, since they're neoprene, they're a) made to get wet, and b) made to be cleaned. (People sweat in wetsuits, rigth?)

Hope this helps!

-Radar
nobody ever sweats in wetsuits..what are you talking about?! :D the okoles are more than 100 bucks more and I can't convince myself to spend that much money on these... but they are 'nice'

-Alex

·
Registered
892 Posts
sdv9903 said:
the oem seat covers suck ass because they only have neoprene on the sides and the middle part of them are plastic that smells like total crap. They are not worth the money just get the okole you will be much happier. I definately would have been.
Wow...I was hoping for just a plain old set of snug fitting clothe material covers. I'll have to search around a bit. I just dont' want neoprene on a daily driver.

·
Registered
112 Posts
i have the toyota covers and love them. but if youre looking for more of a cloth cover, i know cabelas sell some that are kind of a waterproofed canvas material that are nice and dont cost too much if i remember right.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the OEM TRD covers. They took me about 2 minutes each to install. (the passenger is easier than the driver, and it helps to swing the seatback up and down to get the interior "pipe" seated)

they fit very well, don't shift, and look good (imo) They were constantly getting snowed on this past winter and it didn't seem to matter, I havn't had them through a summer yet so I don't know about the
sweaty back syndrome...but they are certainly easier to clean than the sport seats. (especially leaves, burrs, debris). I have yet to notice any sort of disagreeable smell...

Bonus: they make the seat a bit more comfortable for me (by pulling the lumbar support tighter.

I thought they were pretty pricey, and couldn't imagine paying more for seat covers. go with the TRD covers.

I will try to get some pics tonight or tomorrow for ya.

word to the wise- the "tacoma" covers will not fit on the TRD sport seats (according to my dealer who called me back in to exchange 10 minutes after they sold them to me)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I got the Original Toyota TRD canvas covers and I'm very happy with them, the only complaint is that don't have a back pocket and they're not water proof and getting wet in the truck can get to the seats very easy. I just use a towel when wet (0.5% of the time)

When they wear out, I may go with the wet Okoles with the pocket option

1 - 20 of 38 Posts