TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used the search button and looked at one install on a previous generation Tacoma. But does anyone know for sure (pics of an install would be great) if you have to cut/drill a 2006 Tacoma, with factory bedliner and bed rails, in order to install the bestop supertop?

I am amazed that Bestop cannot give me a straight answer on that. I would think that is a pretty obvious, common question.

·
Registered
725 Posts
nope there is no cutting or drilling...just clamping I know this for a fact...prerunner has one you should PM him and see what he has to say about it.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
negative... its a fun install though, i wouldnt suggest trying it yourself, i had 4 wheel parts do it...

but no there is only a sticky pad that goes along the bed rail all the way to the back, and theres one that goes in the fron that is a velcro one... the ones that go along the rails go between a small rail that sticks to them and is clamped down to keep it straight, the shell itself is held in by 4 pins that sit mostly flush wth the bed while folded down... pix, once i find them will follow...

EDIT: idk what these pix are of, i cant see them on my work comp... but i think these are it...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I can't thank ya'll enough

I really want that top but was definitely not buying it without knowing for sure if I had to cut it.

I read the install instructions and it didn't say anything about drilling but on the install I saw online (I think the newbie site sent me there) that guy drill his older Tacoma. Bestop told me that the one made for my truck was made for the previous model Tacoma and they could not say for sure. I wrote them back a pretty negative reply and haven't heard back yet.

Prerunner, thanks for the pics. You got a good looking truck there.

Hoss, that $hit was funny as all hell.

Thank you guys.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
eh its no prob man... there are a few of us here that help us out instead of just flaming and being assholes...

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
yep yep yep... remember there are still some cool people out there...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts