TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
Any strong solvent should remove tar. Kerosene/varsol works really well. Just smells real bad if you get it on you. Alcohol will also remove it, the rubbing kind, don't know if Jim Beam or Jack Daniels removes tar, but makes you not care anymore. Acetone/paint remover should do the trick too.

Steve

·
Registered
565 Posts
You can also try a sticker remover product ike "goo-gone". It's also probably not as toxic or harmful to paint or wax as acetone, lighter fluid, gasoline. Also, works great on removing bumper sticker glue and price tag glue off any surfaces. Most hardware stores have it as does Home Depot, Walmart, Target, etc.

http://www.magicamerican.com/products_gg.shtml

·
Registered
793 Posts
I've had good luck using WD40 for removing sticky stuff, not sure iffin it'll work for tar though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
How much tar do you have?
I use the alcohol from WalMart they sell as gasoline de-icer and plenty
of paper towels so I don't just smear the tar around.
The stuff in the blue bottle seems to work best & doesn't attack the liner.
Just don't let it stay on your paint for any length of time.
Acetone would probably take off your paint.
Good Luck

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've used bug and tar remover from Walmart in the past and it took the stuff clean off. You can get it at most auto shops too. Its also safer on your bedliner than acetone and other thinners i think.

·
wut?
1,466 Posts
Boheefus said:
I reccomend an oxyacetylene torch. it will remove the tar, and the offending metal as well:D
I think the proper tool would be a grinder. It would take that tar right off.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Theres a liqued called TAR-GONE its 10 times better than any solvent and it won't ruin ur paint or anything enviromentaly friendly to its the best. Me and my dad worked onj a paving crew as mechanics and my dads bra

·
Registered
150 Posts
Theres a liqued called TAR-GONE its 10 times better than any solvent and it won't ruin ur paint or anything enviromentaly friendly to its the best. Me and my dad worked onj a paving crew as mechanics and my dads brand new dodge was covered in tar spots on the hood just hit it with Tar-Gone and the tar was gone and the paint was still on the truck.

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
DakotaTacoma said:
You can also try a sticker remover product ike "goo-gone". It's also probably not as toxic or harmful to paint or wax as acetone, lighter fluid, gasoline. Also, works great on removing bumper sticker glue and price tag glue off any surfaces. Most hardware stores have it as does Home Depot, Walmart, Target, etc.

http://www.magicamerican.com/products_gg.shtml
I'm all about goo -gone if ya git my drift :)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Your still here? The cruise ship didn't sink?
It was the salt over the sholder wasn't it!
Cheers!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts