TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get new wipers soon. I have the factory Toyota wipers, but they don't seem to cut it in the snow and ice. Has anyone found a good set of wipers for the Tacoma that work well in the snowy, icy conditions of northeast ohio?

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have found that for the money, teflon coated winter blades work the best.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm from michigan and I have found that the cheapest wipers you can get from wal-mart are pretty good, and if they get destroyed then so what, your only out 3 bucks instead of however much it costs for the more expensive kind. Also letting the truck warm up and defrost the windows helps more than any wiper will on ice.

·
Registered
38 Posts
sruchris said:
I need to get new wipers soon. I have the factory Toyota wipers, but they don't seem to cut it in the snow and ice. Has anyone found a good set of wipers for the Tacoma that work well in the snowy, icy conditions of northeast ohio?
Specialty Silicone Products makes a blade called SilBlade. I had them on a Rover, have them on my wife's CRV, and will be putting some on my Taco shortly. They also make a winter blade.

Their blades work very well and do last a long time.

BTW nice day today here in Cleveland, huh? :eek:

·
Registered
203 Posts
sruchris said:
Are you getting any snow from that clipper?

·
Premium Member
344 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
sruchris said:
http://www.blizzardblade.com/
maybe overkill but these look pretty good.
I don't have much use for them out here in Cali ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts