TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night my girlfriend, informs me that she may have put all of the washerfluid in the wrong spot. So I went out and checked sure enough, she filled the colant res. full of de-ice washerfluid. I drained the res. but some may have made it into the radiator, should i flush that as well or just not worry about it. I know it probally is a stupid question but, im just not in the mood to drain it if i dont have too.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
hmmm, if it were me, I would flush the rad. but others may have a more favorable response.

·
Registered
200 Posts
NICE!!! How long was it in there? Doubt much got in there. I am pretty anal about stuff like that so I'd probably drain it. That damn Toyota red coolant is hella expensive though.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
UKMyers said:
That damn Toyota red coolant is hella expensive though.
yea that, and it doesn't like to "play well with others"

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think only maybe a 1/2 quart at the most, but im leaning towards draining it too. which is completely annoying since im at school, instead of home im going to have to take it to jiffy lube or something and get it flushed.. Damn EPA

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
here is what you do, if you don't think that much has mixed, or that it is not inside the block, drain the pet cock on your radiator into a drop pan, transfer that into a container (less than 5 gallons) and take it to your local Auto zone.

You don't pollute, and you don't have to pay any dumping fees. Either that or just take it to the dealership you buy the Toyota "red" from, they should be able to discard it for you as well.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
no problem, hope it all works out for you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts