TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most 32x11.5R15 and 265/75R16 have essentially the same overall diameter. But, the 265/75 is about an inch skinnier. Do you think this will help MPG? Im thinking it would, as there would (presumably) be less rolling resistance. Im thinking this might be a way to get the height of a 32" tire, while saving a bit at the pump. Think it would make a noticable difference?

·
The Road Less Traveled
88 Posts
I don't think you are going to see any mearurable difference in MPG between the two sizes. Your RPM's would remain the same.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
there would be a slight difference...the 265/75r16's have less contact patch with the road so they would get slightly better mileage. after i put my 32x11.5r15 MT's on, i swapped in a magnaflow muffler and started getting better mileage than stock

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
I tell you how I save gas. I don't drive the truck if I don't need a truck. There aint much you can do about gas mileage on these trucks, motor oils, driveling fluids and incremental differences in tire sizes do little. Just inflate thetires as much as yuou can safely stand and you will get the best bang for the gas. On top of that you can drive conservatively to save gas, accelerate like an egg is under your foot and you don't want to break it and roll to a stop no need to stay on the gas and slamm on the brakes. If your brakes are getting hot you're wasting gas.

On second thought if the price of gas is hurting you financially you are living on the edge. For most of us its phsycological.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts