TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found some used 37" blue label Krawlers that are not to far away from my house. Didn't seem like a bad deal for 900 bucks for 4. However, in subsequent pictures, it appears that there's some weather cracking and the DOT # seems to indicate that they're almost 10 years old.

Question is;

Would you still buy 'em and if so, what's the most you would pay?

I'm not daily driving my truck but it does get driven to the trailhead and occasionally in town.

·
Scared of Slow Speeds
74 Posts
I would stay away from a 10 year old tire. Even if there are no evident cracks, they will develop much quicker as you start driving on them.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I would stay away from a 10 year old tire. Even if there are no evident cracks, they will develop much quicker as you start driving on them.
x2

Too much imo even if you're not gonna drive on the streets. how far is it to trailheads? would be sketch to get on freeway but if you live close to where you go and dont get up to high speeds i'd say fuck it and run em till one blows. how much tread? i'd throw out a low ball offer. maybe 300. if you get them sweet, run them for a few months or a year then off em and make your money back

·
Registered
100 Posts
x3 heard some things about tires being used in general such as the direction the tire was ran and like previously stated these have 10 yrs on them... just my :2cents:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Im not a big fan of the krawler. Theyre traction is great, but sidewalls suck. I see them on Pirate all the time with gashes and cuts. I rarely see ANY Maxxis creepies or trepadors in that condition ;)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input everyone. I've decided to look elsewhere. Had the tires been 5 years old I probably would have jumped on it.

I think you see a lot on Pirate because they are soooooo cheap for the sponsored guys. BFG floods the market with 'em. Granted, I'm running around right now with tire plugs in the sidewall of my KM2s so maybe I shouldn't talk. :D

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Even if they were newer tires, but worn down a little, that's still high for blue labels.

FWIW I sold a set of 4 37" Red labels, really worn down for 1000

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For sure ... the nice thing about these is that they were local. Or at least relatively local ... and in Canada that saves you a ton of cash. Getting things shipped is expensive enough but brokerage to get it across the border kills a lot of potential deals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts