TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a new set of 32x11.50 BFG M/T's yesterday and I must say that I am really impressed with the way they handle on the street. 4WPW managed to balance them well on the first try and they were very smooth on the highway. I just hope they are as good off road as my old swampers were!!! I may end up selling my other street tires and keep these on full time :)

That is all. :)

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
Yup- The only reason I sold you those Swampers was because I had a set of M/T's as trail tires.-

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup- The only reason I sold you those Swampers was because I had a set of M/T's as trail tires.-
I have no complaints about the swampers other than they suck on the road :) I was just tired of having to swap tires for every run (I KNOW, it's not like I was going to an event every other weekend! :) ) With the new tires I'll be able to leave them on for as long as I want with no worries!

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Right now i'm on the PC MT and the is driving the smoothest it's ever driven in years.. I think i'm just going to stay with one on/offroad tire also weither it's a BFG or PC MT

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I have always been a fan of BFG's I had all terrains before and moved up to mud terrains and they kick ass. I really like them too!!

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Lead

I picked up a new set of 32x11.50 BFG M/T's yesterday and I must say that I am really impressed with the way they handle on the street. 4WPW managed to balance them well on the first try and they were very smooth on the highway. I just hope they are as good off road as my old swampers were!!! I may end up selling my other street tires and keep these on full time :)

That is all. :)
How much lead did they put on your wheel; are they a biach to balance? I'm sure they won't let you down on the trial. congrats!
You have them on black wheels right? post some pics, see how it looks blacked out.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much lead did they put on your wheel; are they a biach to balance? I'm sure they won't let you down on the trial. congrats!
You have them on black wheels right? post some pics, see how it looks blacked out.
I was surprised, but they didn't put a lot of weight on them. I did tell them to put weights on the inside and the outside of they needed to. I'm sure I'll rip them off on the trail and will need to redo them after the trip, but that's ok.
I'll have some pics up soon.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have always been a fan of BFG's I had all terrains before and moved up to mud terrains and they kick ass. I really like them too!!

I had some A/Ts before and they sucked!! Nobody could balance them. I tried for over a year and finally sent them back to where I bought them and got something else. I think I just had a bad set. I hope these don't get shitty with time!

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
I had some A/Ts before and they sucked!! Nobody could balance them. I tried for over a year and finally sent them back to where I bought them and got something else. I think I just had a bad set. I hope these don't get shitty with time!
I've got balancing issues with my BFG A/Ts but it's tolerable. I've been debating on the BFG M/T's for a while but was never sure how they rode on the street. Maybe we can take a test drive after tonight's meeting?

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
I've got balancing issues with my BFG A/Ts but it's tolerable. I've been debating on the BFG M/T's for a while but was never sure how they rode on the street. Maybe we can take a test drive after tonight's meeting?
same here with my A/T's They are about as close as they will ever get.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was skeptical about going back to BFG after the whole A/T issue. But I am happy to say that these ride very well. They aren't loud and feel solid on the highway. Remind me and you can take the truck for a quick test drive tonight to see how they feel.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have about 2 pounds of lead on each one, they still feel square. :D

LOL, I believe you. That's why they were only trail tires! :D They fit ok on the 40? At least you know that they make up for sucking in the street by kicking ass in the dirt!!!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
same here with my A/T's They are about as close as they will ever get.

I don't know what it is about them. What size are your's??

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
I don't know what it is about them. What size are your's??
265/75/16 nothing extreme, maybe its my rims :confused:

although I have gotten hella mileage out of these and they still have a long way to go

1 - 17 of 17 Posts