TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any difference from the P265 against the LT265. Reason is I got the new tires on my truck. I have 05 Taco Prerunner TRD Access Cab and I'm rollin on BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO LT265/75R16. I was told about rubbing, but haven't felt or noticed anything.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
stock bfg's are P-metric...check the load ratings.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Standard Load P-metric tires will have nothing branded on their sidewalls or may be branded as "Standard Load," Light Load P-metric tires will be branded as "Light Load," and identified by an "LL" in their descriptions, as in P285/35R-19 LL.

LT-metric, LT-Flotation and LT-numeric tires will be branded with their load range ("Load Range E" or "LRE") or their ply rating ("10 Ply Rated") on their sidewalls and list their appropriate load range letter in their descriptions as LT245/75R-16E, 7.50R-15D or 31x10.50R-15C.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=55&GCID=C13674x032&code=yes

·
Registered
808 Posts
P-metric tires will have a load index stamped on the sidewall. This will specify the max load that the tire can handle.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Isn't P for passenger vehicle and LT for light truck? That's what I always heard anyways. But either way what it comes down to is load rating.

·
Registered
808 Posts
=ACID RAIN= said:
Isn't P for passenger vehicle and LT for light truck? That's what I always heard anyways. But either way what it comes down to is load rating.
Sort of. It has to do with DOT classifications as to what information is used on the sidewall. That is not to say that you couldn't use a P rated tire on a light truck, but you are not going to see a load index on a P rated tire. You will also find some passenger tires that are not P rated. Typically these tires have a max air pressure of 32 psi.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
=ACID RAIN= said:
Pretty much yes... P rated tires are lighter and weaker, and found on all mid size and 1/2 tons these days. They ride nicer and get better mileage than their LT counterpart. P rated usually have a load range "B" rating, or 4 ply rating, and LT are load range "C" thru "E", 6-10 ply ratings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts